French Bean

Harvesting and preserving your fruit & veg

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Geoff
KG Regular

I have grown climbing French Beans this year for the first time after so many people have said how good they are.
They are Burro D'Ingenoli and are growing really vigorously but there are no flower buds yet. We are eating Runner Beans sown on the same day 9th May.
Anybody grown this variety?
Johnboy
KG Regular

Hi Geoff,
I am not familiar with the variety you mention but I grow Diamant, Cobra, CTOT and Cosse Violette, and I have been eating them for nearly a month and picked first Runners last week. Certainly here the French climbing beans are generally at least 3 weeks ahead of the others. I am afraid I am unable to come up with a proper answer. Here they get the same treatment as runners and grow alongside them.
JB.
Deb P
KG Regular

I am trying this variety also this year, but through sheer lazyness have kept them in a large pot, and they are clinbing up a tree for support: so far, loads of growth, and just a couple of flowers in the past week- so in the same boat basically!!
peter
KG Regular

CFB's crawl, then sprint. :?

Have been on holiday for a week and came back to find that the CFB Cosse Violette which were bare two fridays ago were festooned with beautiful purple pods, had some for tea with salmon and Homeguard chips, after a delicious sweetcorn starter. :D
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic