Christmas!

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Primrose
KG Regular

"Why not get some more moderators."

I assume these are people who do these tasks on a voluntary basis?

Having been involved in the voluntary sector for many years I can attest that anybody who is prepared to do anything in their own time, of their own volition and without payment is as rare as hens teeth so it's hardly surprising. they are thin on the ground and hard to find. So thank you Peter for taking on this task. It also requires some technical skills which many of us don,t possess.
Stravaig
KG Regular

Hi Primrose,

Your idea of the 'voluntary sector' and mine differ hugely. I worked in the voluntary sector, often in war zones, for a few decades. I was usually well paid. The voluntary sector doesn't mean you don't get paid, like somebody's granny doing a day in a charity shop. It just means that you're not in a for-profit business nor are you government.

I agree it's a misnomer but so-called voluntary sector people are usually not people who work for no pay. Lots of charities are in the so-called voluntary sectore and most of their employees get paid.
peter
KG Regular

Magazine doesn't see the need for more moderators with the volume of activity on here.

If you can point out any more of his posts, which the "Ban Hammer" tool was supposed to remove I can individually delete them.
But unless I peruse every thread in past months I'm unable to find them as he is no longer in existence as a user on here, I can't search under his deleted account.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic