What is the right charger?

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Westi
KG Regular

I have a Black & Decker Reviva drill, code/model REVHD12C, but can't find the charger lead. I was sure I left it down in the shed but I've looked everywhere. I have other chargers & things at home but none of them match the size to plug the charger into the drill. I went on line but a lot just use names & pics were poor to positively match & the model number did not match the designated B&D ones.

Any ideas of what I should be looking for by name?
fullsizeoutput_1104.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1104.jpeg (385.29 KiB) Viewed 1709 times
fullsizeoutput_1103.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1103.jpeg (2.74 MiB) Viewed 1709 times
Cheers in advance!
Westi
Geoff
KG Regular

It looks to me like you need a power supply with 12V DC output. Have a look through the power supplies you have for different things, if the round connector fits then look at label and see if it is 12 volts, it probably will be. Most of the ones I've found listed that say they are compatible with B&D are about a third of the cost of the drill that seems too much. For example https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/294498531596 but I can't find one that lists your model.
Westi
KG Regular

Thanks Geoff,

Nothing I have at home has double holes to attach into the drill, just a single one & even in the e- bay one it doesn't show down into the connector to confirm this. Yep you're right the rip off price does affect my decision to get the right one. I think I might try to contact B&D direct to check. It is not an old drill & I think I've only had it 12/18months, but bought for size & weight & it does meet my needs & I'm comfortable with it. Maybe being a discontinued model they might have a couple of cords hanging around as it seems all the newer models are single prong.

But that on my list to do tomorrow, wish me luck! Thanks again, I'll let you know!
Westi
Geoff
KG Regular

Apologies didn't notice the double hole. That almost suggests it takes mains which is a bit unusual.

PS : As it is still sold you might be able to look at one in a shop and work out if it is simply a mains lead or a charger that plugs in.

PPS : forget that I see the B&D website says "Includes 400mA charger"
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

If it helps, Westi, I think the part number for the lead/charger is, N561331
They look very pricy to me…..think if the lead doesn’t turn up, I would be buying a new drill and lead, so have a spare drill !
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Westi
KG Regular

Cheers Geoff & OH!

I will contact B&D to confirm as obviously that model is discontinued, but think the cheaper option would be do get a new drill, or rather request one for my birthday! You almost know that the minute you order a new one the charger will turn up! :) AKA sod's law!

Think it must be somewhere at home though as the drill still has a fair charge & I wouldn't have bothered taking the charger down if charged & it had it's box. Looks like the Spring clean will be a little earlier this year!
Westi
Westi
KG Regular

Not successful chasing B&D re: the charger, but I have found a site that sells them; but at over £30. The house has been turned upside down so I think I am pretty assured it is not at home. I also ruled out accidentally throwing it away as the actual plug into the socket is attached not another IT end to plug in & these I keep as likely for one of Mr's things.
I am going to turn out the shed again tomorrow as this I would have hid under/in things & likely in a plastic bag in case of roof leaks. As it's going to be raining for a bit in the morning it seems a good option to keep dry as well! Wish me luck!
Westi
Westi
KG Regular

The plot thickens!

I did not find the charger in the shed, but interestingly the charger is also missing from the old girlie drill which was definitely in the hard case it came in as it has a slot & I definitely recall packing it away so could be a back up if needed & I even wrapped the case up in bubblewrap for protection. I was alerted to check it as I noted the bubblewrap was just shoved behind in the box & not wrapped.

I think the fact their was no damage to the door or anything & 2 similar things were missing it may have been someone wanted to borrow or replace theirs & likely an inside job. Too late to report or anything as no clear idea of when as likely months & CCTV coverage is not kept unless something obvious spotted when the guys review the footage.

I have just checked online & I won't be buying a new charger as it is only a few £'s less than buying a new drill from multiple outlets.
My birthday wish list will be requesting a new one methinks! Any recommendations? I was thinking one of those one that have interchangeable batteries you snap on the bottom, no idea what they are but seen people with them.
Westi
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

If the drill you already have was still working well and it’s performance was good, would it be worth just getting exactly the same drill, then you would have two drills….then you can always have one charging, while using the other one….just a thought!
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Westi
KG Regular

Good idea OH!

I will do a search & find which hardware is selling them. I did see one for a silly £29.99 while scrolling, that would be a bargain!
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic