Late Winter Bits and Bobs.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

robo
KG Regular

-5 when I went out this morning the girl on the till at Aldi told me it was -7 when she turned out just before 5 o’clock
snooky
KG Regular

Cookie notification popup staying popped up on site page.Can't get into menu page via "quick links" have to get in via" board index".What's going on with these site pages??
Regards snooky

---------------------------------
A balanced diet is a beer in both hands!
WARNING.!!... The above post may contain an opinion
retropants
KG Regular

Yes, the cookie pop up hasn’t stopped popping up! Thought it was just me.
Westi
KG Regular

Isn't amazing how quickly these things begin to irk you, especially the small print accompanying this issue. My computer protection also just pops up to annoy me telling me how clever it has been picking up this or that potential breech, currently going on about finding my details on the 'dark web' with pop ups all the time. Well that is what I am paying for so remove it, instead of scaring the hell out of me. I seriously doubt my details are on the dark web, think I would know by now as my ID would have been used. Before the banks got really clever my account was hacked, apparently I spent a load of money in the Philippines on sex toys - hmm? That was one quick trip & I don't even have an up to date passport. At least the bank guy found it as amusing as me & sorted it without argument.

Went down the plot around lunch time when the temp was a little more inviting & gave the flooded beds a compost top up & re-covered them. Got well muddy as the plastic was folded up wet & was frozen, but it's done. Good timing I think as another named storm on it's way & we have a yellow wind warning Sun & Mon, but my quick glimpse of the TV weather says quite a lot of the UK will be getting this Storm Isha. Apparently it will be a little warmer though which will be little comfort while chasing your netting & stuff around!
Westi
Geoff
KG Regular

Just wondered if it was allowing posts or if everybody was fed up with the faults.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I think it’s another thing people are fed up with, Geoff!

Been moving some muck over the allotments this morning, a bit slippery under-foot, where the frost is still coming out of the ground.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Westi
KG Regular

Stay safe everyone, it appears Storm Isha means business. Saw the extent of the amber warnings & not much of the UK is excluded.
Westi
robo
KG Regular

I’m the same no matter how many times a hit accept it still comes back this is the first time I’ve managed to get on the website in around 4 days
Colin2016
KG Regular

Quick links still works although it is greyed out.

You need to be quick when signing out.
retropants
KG Regular

still popping up on a loop.
Westi
KG Regular

Full Editor & Pics are throwing a tantrum now as well & also being blocked & deleted if posted at similar time to anyone else & pics size not being accepted even though under the allowed size. This worries me as although I know a temporary glitch, but we have just got members back after the last 'official changes' & it would be a shame for them to disappear again. Anyone PM'd someone? Is that working?

In the meantime another named storm; 'Jocelyn' in the wings. :(
Westi
Geoff
KG Regular

Hopefully Jocelyn will be a bit of a wimp with a name like that.
KGAdmin
Site Admin

Westi wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:04 pm Full Editor & Pics are throwing a tantrum now as well & also being blocked & deleted if posted at similar time to anyone else & pics size not being accepted even though under the allowed size. This worries me as although I know a temporary glitch, but we have just got members back after the last 'official changes' & it would be a shame for them to disappear again. Anyone PM'd someone? Is that working?

In the meantime another named storm; 'Jocelyn' in the wings. :(
Hi Westi - sorry for the technical hitches, we are looking now.
Geoff
KG Regular

At least cookie nag gone and I can go back to the dark side, thanks!
Westi
KG Regular

Just got a blue dot now so some progress. Thank you whoever is working on it!

I wanted Jocelyn to be Jolene so I could have a Dolly moment, not to be, but just the thought of it has given me an ear worm though so kinda the same! Kathleen next name apparently, that was M-in-laws name & she was nice, just a bit repetitive so hope if this one comes this won't be a sign.

I haven't had such a long break from the plot for ages with all the weather thrown at it. Luckily the neighbour fixed my front gate so when I do go down I should not have to wander around the site looking for it. Just hope the shed door with my DIY fixes will be in the same state as before, but I've not heard from anyone at the plot & they do tend to have a drive around to check & text us if any problems.
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic