Religion vs practicality

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Stravaig
KG Regular

I love to have parties, but this house isn't really large enough.

We keep getting newsletters through the letterbox from this local church. I'll not join but their hall is on offer for a very reasonable rent.
It seems ideal to me but husband says do I know what these people are like This is not racist, it's a mostly white religion, with their attitude againt women .., and so on. So now I have the dilemma of no party or part in some kind of of nutcase hall. Another thing is that if we invite people then they they might think we're one of them.
What to do? I just want to have party.
Westi
KG Regular

Judge for yourself & go speak to them about the hall. You aren't joining them just renting off them & lot's of rumours abound with folk who practice religion differently, so could be all here say.
Westi
Primrose
KG Regular

Just go ahead and book it. Don't fret about their religious views. View it as a business transaction only as they probably need the money like any other organisation to help pay for their council tax and overheads. But obviously check if there are any hiring restrictions first like No Alcohol as that might put the damper on your celebrations.
Stravaig
KG Regular

Gee, I don't think I would like a No Alcohol party. I even put brandy in my marie rose sauce for prawn cocktail. :D

Good idea to check, though. Thanks.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic