Late Summer Bit and Bobs.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Colin2016
KG Regular

Had a good surprise on visiting plot first time for 10 days 4 heads of broccoli & another couple of smaller ones.
Attachments
Beoccoli.jpg
Beoccoli.jpg (124.09 KiB) Viewed 24203 times
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

It looks superb, Colin….you can’t beat a good surprise!
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Clive.
KG Regular

...and another surprise..there's a low of 5C in the weekend forecast, I see...not really a surprise as I suppose in fact todays above 20C is the real surprise. Butterflies and bees and visitors loving it today..

C.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

They are showing 2C for Sunday early hours, here…could be the end of my late sowings….
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Clive.
KG Regular

...and a drop or two of rain tomorrow...

I was summer pruning yesterday..the temperature felt right but it was a very late running job...but it's done. ...and today mixing up bulb compost, for a rainy day, again running late but not quite so late. This afternoon dug up some Kestrel that were still left in from during the earlier wet spell and missed further when it was hedge cutting time..largely very good just a few green ones that had pushed out the ridge top. Then it was tidy up of the celeriac 'Asterix' that was very slow at one time but has filled out really lovely now :)

I see for the weekend someone with a name that matches mine has sponsored the Radio Caroline North webshop giveaway competition... ;)

C.
Westi
KG Regular

Hubby enjoyed watching that Tiger! We have little heritage trains down here but nothing like that big boy!
Westi
Clive.
KG Regular

I remember seeing Scotsman out on the East Lincolnshire Line in 1969, seen passing Willoughby. The line closed in 1970.
Next time was in the early 1970s when my brother went on the footplate at the Dinting Railway Centre, static then was Scots Guardsman and Leander in the brick engine shed... Then on another family holiday, seen in the shed at Carnforth in Steamtown days.

C.
darui
KG Regular

oldherbaceous wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:46 pm Well maybe it is time…..

Had the Lancaster overhead again this afternoon…really lucky to get another private fly-by.🙂

Had all my allotments hoed and virtually weed free five weeks ago, but have spent most of the day hand weeding and hoeing!
I don’t think I have ever known weeds grow quite as fast as that….the only bonus is, all the things I planted in the last month, are growing really well too….infact, the last runner beans are half way up the canes already.
I purchased a new Kwikset fridge freezer for my harvest storage and initially felt overwhelmed with its functionalities. The Kwikset manual however, transformed this challenge into a success story. Its clear instructions simplified the setup process, ensuring optimal use of the appliance. Understanding temperature controls and storage settings became effortless, preserving my harvest at its best. The manual's guidance empowered me to utilize its features effectively. It detailed maintenance routines, enhancing the appliance's longevity. With the Kwikset manual's comprehensive support, I've efficiently preserved my harvest, turning what seemed complex into a smooth and successful storage solution.
Hope everyone has had a good weekend….
I bought new Kwikset fridge freezer for my harvest
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic