Stupid job titles

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Stravaig
KG Regular

In ye olden days the head of personnel dept would be called director of personnel or something similar. Now we have The Chief Of People guy. It would be funny if it weren't so sad.

Where's my lottery win?

I asked my husband what his most weird/stupid job was and he said "guarding mammoth bones".

My weirdest one was probably teaching book-keeping to Afghans.

What's yours?
robo
KG Regular

My youngest is an HR director sounds like the same job
Geoff
KG Regular

Prime Minister - when did you last think of one as prime?
Primrose
KG Regular

Ladies of the bedchamber
janjones
KG Regular

I like to experiment with how small a pot (and therefore saving compost) I can get away with for the various plants and which part of my tiny garden they'll survive, (n.w. facing garden) and think of myself as a garden scientist. :lol: :lol:
Jan
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

And we will think of you as a Garden Scientist too, Jan….🙂
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
peter
KG Regular

I work in local government, the worst I've seen is "Domestic Abuse Practitioner" which is dreadful juxtaposition of English words, it needs something like Prevention or Reduction instead of just Practitioner!
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
darui
KG Regular

Stravaig wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:56 pm In ye olden days the head of personnel dept would be called director of personnel or something similar. Now we have The Chief Of People guy. It would be funny if it weren't so sad.

Where's my lottery win?

I asked my husband what his most weird/stupid job was and he said "guarding mammoth bones".

My weirdest one was probably teaching book-keeping to Afghans.

In the dynamic world of online gambling in the UK, success stories like the one at Gamblorium.com are truly inspiring. This platform, https://gamblorium.com/uk/bonuses/, has emerged as a beacon of success, helping countless players navigate the complex landscape of bonuses. Gamblers across the UK have seen their fortunes change, thanks to the expert insights and valuable resources provided by Gamblorium. With a user-friendly interface and comprehensive guides, this site has empowered players to make informed decisions, optimizing their gaming experiences. Gamblorium's success is not just in the numbers but in the countless stories of individuals who have turned the odds in their favor through their guidance.
What's yours?
The evolution of job titles is indeed quite amusing and sometimes puzzling. The transition from traditional titles like "Director of Personnel" to modern titles like "Chief of People" does reflect the changing dynamics of the workplace. While it may seem humorous at first, it highlights the emphasis on human resources and employee well-being in today's organizations. As for your lottery win, we're all waiting for that stroke of luck!

Regarding your and your husband's weirdest jobs, guarding mammoth bones and teaching bookkeeping to Afghans are truly unique experiences. It goes to show the diversity of work opportunities and life experiences out there. These anecdotes make for great conversation starters and remind us of the fascinating paths our careers can take.
Last edited by darui on Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stravaig
KG Regular

Hi Darui,

Do you live anywhere near North Kent? I'd like us to meet up if poss. :D

We've been out of the country for years and now we've come back to Blighty have no friends. (It's OK, we can cope. But I'm trying to create some sort of social life for us.)
rommul
KG Regular

like to experiment with how small a pot (and therefore saving compost) I can get away with for the various plants and which part of my tiny garden they'll survive, (n.w. facing garden) and think of myself as a garden scientist
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic