Desert Island Dish.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

snooky
KG Regular

Read an article about"Desert Island Discs"and their guests choice of their favourite dish of food to take with them.Different exotic and plain dishes were chosen which set me off thinking what would be mine.Beef curry?Steak and all the trimmings?A stew?Paella? No .One guest stated that her ideal dish would be Marmite on toast,and I couldn't agree more with her choice! And mine too.
What would be yours?
Regards snooky

---------------------------------
A balanced diet is a beer in both hands!
WARNING.!!... The above post may contain an opinion
Primrose
KG Regular

Can I suggest a variation? Duck dripping on toast?

There,s always a fight at our breakfast table for that delicious brown jelly which lurks at the bottom of the pot under the actual dripping. We have to mark the fat out in portions with a sharp knife to ensure that "fair shares" are strictly maintained ! And woe betide the one who dares to let their knife spread under the surface of the dripping to extract more than their equal portion.!
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

A big fat juicy steak for me….
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Stravaig
KG Regular

Mine would be smoked haddock with tattie in some format. It could be a fish pie or maybe a baked tattie with a smoked haddock filling. :D

To be honest, I would miss my kitchen appliances more because if I had them I could make the most of the food that's available without too much effort. Oops just a thought I don't suppose this desert island has electricity so I would need a generator and fuel too. :twisted:

I don't want to go to this desert island, but thanks for asking me.
Geoff
KG Regular

I suppose I have got to be consistent and say chips, runny fried egg with bread and butter.
tigerburnie
KG Regular

Roast, tatties, mash and either Pheasant, Guinea fowl or Pork with crackling with a few peas and carrots from the garden
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic