Parking tickets

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Stravaig
KG Regular

Husband dived out briefly for shopping/whatever, came back and said good news and bad. The bad news is that someone has parked in front of our house The good news is s/he's got a parkiing ticket. :roll: :twisted:

That car is now gone and I hope they enjoy their parking fine.
Westi
KG Regular

I went down to the quay today & there was a car there with most of the windscreen covered in tickets, local council guy obviously having the time of his life. It is a work vehicle as has a sat nav company name all over it. They won't be happy on return from their sailing holiday or whatever has kept them away. Obvs not stolen as the council check that. You can't sleep in your car down there but you can buy weekly, monthly or even yearly tickets.
Westi
Stravaig
KG Regular

Our place is residents parking only. Residents can pay about £30 for an annual parking permit and also if you have guests or tradespeople you can buy vouchers for about £2 per day. Seems fair enough to me. Actually £30 a year seems very cheap!

But the daft thing is your vehicle must be registered at the home where you want to park. Well, we've been paying council tax and utility bills at that house address for years, and own it rather than renting, but the car was registered using the address of the rented flat across the road. It doesn't say anything on the council website about the car having to be registered at any particular address.

Some council jobsworth turned down our application for a resident's permit and we ended up shelling out a small fortune for daily permits until we jumped through a load of hoops to get our resident's permit.
Primrose
KG Regular

Well I doubt the residents in Wales will be happy with the new 20 mph speed limits being imposed.on many major roads from today.
I doubt most modern cars are happy being driven at that slow speed and probably quite hard to control u less yiuqve cruise control fitted.
Colin2016
KG Regular

Suspect cruise control will not work so low so checked it out...

1. Start by ensuring that you are driving at a speed above 20 mph.

Personally I would be happy for a blanket 20mph limit it is when the speed change from 70 -40-30-40-30-70 in a very short distance for same type of road.

Keep it consistent ie single road 20/30 duel road 50 motorway 70.

I get the feeling councils like to be in control so have to be different.
Stravaig
KG Regular

Gee, there are some drivers who are maniacs. They shouldn't be allowed to drive at all. :evil:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic