Hiya - we got our own house back...

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Stravaig
KG Regular

Yeah! I didn't think it would make that much difference and we'd continue to stay in the rented flat (which we are contractually obliged to rent until October). But despite the difficulties of stairs etc, it's just too attractive to stay in our own place rather than the flat. :D

The kitchen is perfectly designed (by me!) and no oven, mocrowave, etc, above my head. It's just perfect. Even my husband said he'd not expected such a move to change his happiness levels so much. Yes. This is good. Unfortunately we're still fighting with the employer idiots but it's good that we have some leave and can escape for the time being.

There are a few small problems, eg a rockery instead of a garden. (Yuk!) But nothing to worry about. I think at long last, no thanks to the employer, we're on the road to recovery after all we've gone through. :D

Human Resources - this is what used to be called personnel - their job is to bully you, make accusations against you and make you cower into submission while they tell you how awful you are. I had the mistaken belief that they were there to give assistance to staff who needed it. If you've had a frontal lobomomy, this could be the job for you!

Oh well, lots to do and still some leave left... :D
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Keep your chin up.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Morning Stravaig, good to here you are back in your own place….hope everything works out for you both.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Stravaig
KG Regular

Thanks guys. :D Good to see you active again Emperor Shallot.

It's a nice flat we're renting but... it ain't ours. I'm not going to pee in every corner here in our house to mark my territory, but what I am doing ASAP is getting some artwork on the walls. I'm a member of a cartoonists' club and can hardly wait to make a cartoon gallery out of the staircase. I didn't bother the landlord of the flat with asking about putting stuff on the walls. He didn't need that.

Oh, this is great. I'm feeling better than I have for a looong time. Thanks for being good friends.
Primrose
KG Regular

You,ve been very quiet lately Stravaig but obviously very busy moving back into your own home at last. Hopefully once you,ve sorted out all the unpacking you can just unwind and stop being rental refugees.

Think about installing a stairlift Stravaig now you,re permanently home.- we installed one recently and it has made life so much safer and easy for me and the laundry basket on the landing and other heavy-to-carry or bulky stuff gets a free ride down in it too!
retropants
KG Regular

Glad to have you back Stravaig, and that you have you home back too 😊
Stravaig
KG Regular

It's as much mental as it is physical. I don't manage the stairs easily but it's quite good exercise. I'm just so much happier to be in our own place. :D

Wow, our kitchen is great, especially compared to anything else we've had recently. I think I'll have a party. If any of you would like to come (north Kent) just let me know.

Edit:
PS: Not permanently home. There's still the possibility of another overseas posting. Who knows?
Westi
KG Regular

Good to see you back & you're so right there is no place like home - your home!
Westi
Primrose
KG Regular

Another overseas posting ? You're gluttons for punishment! . Hang up your boots and de-stress for a while ,!
Stravaig
KG Regular

Husband ( a few years younger than me) is quite far from retirement. Overseas postings are quite the norm. Similar for me before. I've always had the attitude that I'll go where we're sent. Actually I like it. But it's not nice being evacated, forced to leave at short notice what you think of as your home, and having people steal your belongings. It all starting to settle at long last.

I never fancied Kyiv in the first place - but it was the climate that put me off. I never imagined that the Russians would invade. I still find it difficult to understand what the heck they're playing at.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic