The dress doesn't fit...

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Stravaig
KG Regular

It seems like a hundred years ago now but I tried on a dress in an upmarket shopping mall in Kyiv. I'd wanted something special for a particular occasion (like the 100th year anniversary since I'd last worn a dress).

Anyway, I tried it on. It was allegedly my size but it was awful tight across the bust and didn't fit right at the back either. I stepped out of the cubicle and looked in the mirror. Nah. Back into the cubicle. The next thing is that this Ukrainian lady very shyly approached and told me I had the dress on back to front. (It had a V neck so I'd thought that went at the front. LOL!) Having imparted this news and not knowing if the stupid foreigner might be angry, she fled back to her seat in the queue for the changing cubicles.

Well, I was a bit surprised by this news but took her advice, took the dress off, and put it on again with the V neck at the back. Perfect fit! Then my husband came to sit in the waiting queue and I told him what had happened. He thought it was very funny and thanked the lady. The three of us had a good laugh about it.

Maybe it takes guts sometimes to help someone, as you never know if they might resent your help or think you're being patronising, or trying to make a fool of them. I'm glad she helped me - even though I've never yet had a chance to wear that dress.

Have you ever hesitated to help someone for fear that they might bite you for trying to help?
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I just go ahead and tell them….😀 but in a nice way, of course….
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Stravaig
KG Regular

Oi you, stupid. You've got your shoes on back to front. Yeah, I can just imagine it. :D
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I can remember many years ago in my local pub, the old barman had got odd shoes on, and to make it sillier, one was a brown slip on one, and the other one was a black lace up one…..we had many a laugh over it….😀…..sadly another one of my really good friends that has passed away.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Westi
KG Regular

Despite the embarrassing moment when told, you generally find folk respond gratefully when advised of their close mishap. I was walking to the woods & a school lass walked past with her knickers showing as her skirt caught in her backpack so I told her. She was indeed horrified but so pleased as cutting through the woods to school rather than along the road. I did soften the blow though as admired her stockings - for the love of it I can't get stockings to stay up & hers had really nice lace around the top & obvs her best. I didn't see her again but they were posh stocking so thinking a catch up with her boyfriend somewhere secret in the woods?
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic