I want to win the lottery

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Stravaig
KG Regular

I just think it would make my life aa bit easier if I had a couple of million in the bank.

I suppose I could pray but I'm not the religious type. Or some kind of dance - you know, like a rain dance, but plenty of rain here already. I dunno what I can do to improve my chances. Of course, I could buy more tickets but I don't want to go down that route. I get my one ticket every week and that's it. (Well, maybe sometimes I'll get a Wednesday one as well.)

What am I going to do with my big win? Buy a very suitable house - no stairs, side access to rear garden. Hire a gardener.I don't really have any grandiose plans.

What would you do?
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

If I won it, I would probably treat you, Stravaig…..🙂all joking apart, money means very little to me!
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Colin2016
KG Regular

Reminds me of a discussion "power of saying thank you" ways to reward good/regular clients.
Someone brought lottery tickets to be enclosed with the thankyou card, unfortunately they kept them incase they came up.
Stravaig
KG Regular

Money means a lot to me. I've gone through times when lack of money has equalled misery. Can't afford to buy a book I'd like. Can't afford to eat the food I'd like... and so on. It's nice to have a bit of money to enable you to do what you want.

I'd also like a nice house so we could never again end up having 11 house moves in as many months. I don't want a fancy big car or to live in a place like Downton Abbey. I probably wouldn't even buy any new clothes. I probably would give some away to people I like who might benefit from a bit of extra dosh.

I think I have quite modest ambitions. But I am very keen that I should have a good win soon. :D
Clive.
KG Regular

I am kicking my self for not entering a competition last week for a 1976 Mini Clubman 1100, total restoration to stock original appearance but with uprated brakes to discs on the front, 12" wheels (but standard width tyres) new seat trim and a very nice single centre upswept exhaust.....
I read the terms and conditions and I could not match the id requirements if I had won...so I left it...to my dreams...

Meanwhile, I have just come back from a trip to East Kirkby aviation heritage centre to find, just my luck, the washing I had put on the line wetter than when I put it there...no rain 5 miles up the road...but there has been here....

C.
Geoff
KG Regular

Sorry Stravaig but I'm in the queue first. I want enough to set my son and his family up with an eco friendly house that is totally off grid for all services and generates enough solar / wind income to pay Council Tax and cover maintenance. This is to try and persuade them not to emigrate to New Zealand next year and take our only grandchildren with them. I was looking forward to ending my days imparting to them some of my knowledge and values about the natural world and growing things that their parents have little idea about. Anyway they are reneging on the deal when Bank of Mum and Dad used some of their savings to help set them up in their first house in exchange for care in our dotage.
Stravaig
KG Regular

Wow, Bank of Mum and Dad might've been nice. In our case it was Bank of Son and Wife. If that wasn't bad enough we were lied to and cheated. Ended up losing our home and having to start from scratch again. Of course we can handle that, but we never should have had to.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic