Revenge!

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Stravaig
KG Regular

If something hurts me, physically or in the wallet, I usually try to take revenge.

For example, a jellyfish stung me (on a tender part of my upper torso) while I was swimming (just off the beach in Thailand) so I made a point of having a jellyfish salad next time I saw one one a menu. They don't really taste of amything but have an interesting texture and are a vehicle for carrying flavours. I still eat them when I have the opportunity. Revenge is sweet, nah, it's more spicy and savoury. :D

Do you do any revenge eating? If so, what?
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Nothing springs to mind…i’ll have to have a think about it…🙂
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Stravaig
KG Regular

I used to share a house with two guys who didn't like each other very much. And there was a local restaurant that sold deep-fried boar (very nice) among other things. Somehow that turned into deep-fried bore. :lol: Oh maybe you had to be there. :lol:
Breq
KG Regular

Nettles - love to make them into soup in early spring, just to get them back. Not my fav soup, but OH loves it. Whenever I get stung later in the year, I tell them there is a soup pot waiting for them :D
Primrose
KG Regular

My gardening revenge has been putting my noxious weeds like oxalis and alkanet into the council's Green waste recycling bin rather than onto my compost heap where they're denied the chance of an "afterlife" in a different form!.

Generally on the topic of revenge I've found that even if it feels sweet at the time it can have the habit of coming back in some other form to bite so best to let life's "karma" do its own thing which it often does, although not always at the speed we would like !.
Stravaig
KG Regular

I would love to try nettle soup but I never seem to be in the right place at the right time. Shame no one seems to sell them (especially those without car fumes or dog pee) also "exotic" items that cost a fortune.

If I was fit and had a garden, I could make a fortune. I give you my ideas for free. :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic