Date of Birth

Get the latest gardening news, and let us know what you think...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud, KG magazine, KG Emma

Colin2016
KG Regular

I am thinking of reading mag using phone so thought I would check out the free digital edition,
Why are you asking for my date of birth?
Stravaig
KG Regular

They are maybe legally obliged to. There are certain things businesses can't allow under 13 y/o to do on their websites. Also, you have to have to be over 18 to do certain things such as buy knives.

It's a bit daft if you have to answer online because you can tell them anything you like. How are they to know any different?

Oh yeah, there's booze as well. Supermarket staff are obliged to make sure you're old enough to buy it. The sparkling wit on Asda's checkout always asks me if I'm over 18 if I've bought any alcohol. LOL! I like it really. :D
Westi
KG Regular

My age varies by a decade (or more) dependent on how things are worded if the question of age is asked. No issue with just declaring over 18yrs but some ask for absolute detail which I will not give as they sell it on; well now anyway. I currently collect lots of junk e-mails in German from sex workers or strange businesses. The only place I have registered on a forum in Europe is Lidl - hmm? Twas only to moan about them putting the middle of Lidl stuff out before the Thursday changeover so all sold out before even supposed to be for sale! (Obvs was for garden related stuff)!
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic