Non diluted nettle feed

If you would like advice from the Kitchen Garden editorial team, ask here. Steve, Emma or Tony will pop in with their best advice.

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

LynnPat
KG Regular

Hello, I made a batch of nettle feed and mistakenly did not dilute it and applied it directly to my crops today! Can you advise if this is likely to kill everything off or is there anything I can do to rectify this! Thank you
Geoff
KG Regular

I'm no expert on these home made feeds as I don't like their imprecision. I would have thought it was unlikely to kill anything apart from by damaging foliage if you wet the plants as well as the soil with it. I would just water really well to wash it off foliage and dilute it in the soil.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I agree with Geoff, give the plants a really good watering and it should be fine….if it was going to damage the foliage, it would have done it within 24 hours!
And a very warm welcome to the forum…..
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
LynnPat
KG Regular

Geoff wrote:I'm no expert on these home made feeds as I don't like their imprecision. I would have thought it was unlikely to kill anything apart from by damaging foliage if you wet the plants as well as the soil with it. I would just water really well to wash it off foliage and dilute it in the soil.

Thanks Geoff, it rained last night which hopefully diluted the outside plants and I thoroughly watered under the poly tunnel this morning. Everything looks ok so far, hopefully I’ve avoided any damage.
Westi
KG Regular

Welcome to the forum LynnPat!

I agree with the boys & fortunately it rained for you as well! It will be interesting to see if the crops give an extra, extra large harvest!
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic