Early Spring Bits and Bobs

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Primrose
KG Regular

Like the bell! Do you ring that when you want somebody to bring you a cup of tea ??
robo
KG Regular

Mine are nothing like that westi just got tiny tip showing but it will grow I do love asparagus
snooky
KG Regular

Waiting for my delivery of crowns for my new Asparagas bed.Coming from Holland ,so might be a while .
Regards snooky

---------------------------------
A balanced diet is a beer in both hands!
WARNING.!!... The above post may contain an opinion
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Had my first jab last Saturday, and was saying to everyone, that it wouldn't make me feel rough....big mistake, as I was really rough for a full 3 days and still feel a little washed out today...and I have only been to work for 5 hours. So not sure why it affected me like that, it was just like having full blown flu, every joint and muscle was so painful and on fire.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Monika
KG Regular

Oh, poor OH! I hope you feel on top of the world again soon! Did you have the Pfizer or AstroZeneca jab? It appears that the latter seems to cause side effects in some people. All our offspring in the UK (all nearly 60 years old), their partners and some of the grandchildren (vulnerable, health care workers etc) have had the jab and only those who had the AstroZeneca one seemed to be affected, but none as bad as you!
Geoff
KG Regular

Consolation, my son (GP) says a reaction is a good sign it is having some effect. Might be that he has had two Pfizer doses and reacted to them both and I have had one AstroZeneca with no effects, second booked for 10th April.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

It was the AstroZeneca jab, Monika...i'm nearly firing on all cylinders again, thank you.

peter
KG Regular

I had the AstraZenaca first jab and a slightly uncomfortable day after the jab day.
Having had covid itself at Christmas the jab side effects were like a mild breeze next to the storm of 87.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Westi
KG Regular

It's true OH! The bigger the reaction means the bigger your natural antibodies ability to fight back. At the end of the day though those with lazy antibodies that don't hear the starting pistol will wake up quietly & get almost the same % of immunity by the end of the race. A bit of a tortoise & hare thing, but we cross the line pretty together. (Also a bit, big bit, about the way the different vaccines work as some are synthetic & some are the dead virus).

You will most likely get a reaction from jab 2 as well (not as bad). The important thing is you & everyone else on the forum will be here to chat for a long time, read the posts or whatever they are comfortable with.
Westi
Geoff
KG Regular

Brrrrr and Grrrrr! I look at three different versions of my weather forecast and none had frost for last night, what did we get -2.9°C! Haven't ventured out yet to inspect, still -2.1°.
Monika
KG Regular

Ah, well, Geoff, don't ever trust the forecasts ...... I didn't and covered up anything 'touchy', just in case.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Hope everything is okay, Geoff!
Been and done 3 hours this morning at the Big house, and it was indeed fresh....

Geoff
KG Regular

Nothing damaged thanks. I haven't got anything outside but I have stuff under cloches in the cold greenhouse and the polytunnel only I didn't put the cloches back over them last night. It wasn't at its coldest for very long so it didn't get into them but the cloches are back on tonight and fleece over some pricked out trays of hardy annuals. Been a glorious if rather chilly day, levelled the moles' playground then mowed it and then padded down all the divots with a rake where the runs had caught in the mower. I think I need to find a way of rigging up a roller I can tow round with the mower.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Well a frosty start and a chilly breeze but, it has been lovely and bright, so managed to get a couple of things sown... a double 30 foot row of beetroot and a double 60 foot row of broad beans. Aready have a frame of carrots sown and 2 rows of Swift potaoes planted, so getting a few bits in. Have a few bits and pieces coming on in the grenhouse too...

Just getting ready for next few days, that are meant to be bitterely cold.

Primrose
KG Regular

Well I hope everybody has got their garden fleece and thick coats and hats out ready for tomorrow. Looks like being a real icy blaster!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic