everlasting onions!

If you would like advice from the Kitchen Garden editorial team, ask here. Steve, Emma or Tony will pop in with their best advice.

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

pontersman
KG Regular

For years I had a patch of bunching onion we called everlasting I think they were also called Welsh onions. They looked like spring onions and were very useful.They multiplied profusely and needed splitting every spring and autumn. I would take a handful and put one back in the ground to multiply. And then they disappeared. Does anyone know what they were and where I can get some? I have bought Welsh onion plants, Welsh onion seeds(twice), and some I was assured were the answer but they weren't. The last ones were called Siberian onions. All the seeds failed to develop and the plants are something else,massive.
tigerburnie
KG Regular

Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
Barkelberrybear
KG Regular

Thomas Etty do them. Go past Tomatoes and in R/H List under "Onions" is Perennial Welsch. Thats how it's spelt.This is for seeds. They also do plants under Onion Perutile in the additional varieties but I thought a bit expensive at minimum 10 stalks for £8.75
Colin2016
KG Regular

I have just ordered seeds from this company waiting for delivery growseed.co.uk
pontersman
KG Regular

Brilliant, thank you, Barkelberrybear.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic