Free seeds with May issue

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

thevegplotthickens
KG Regular

Hi

I've recently subscribed to the magazine and have only been receiving 1 packet of free seeds - for my new May issue I've received Salad Leaf Rocket. Since subscribing in Feb I've received no more than 5 seed packets. I'm a bit surprised as when I purchased the magazine at the shop there were many seeds packets with each other.

Is it different when you subscribe?

Lou
Westi
KG Regular

Yes, probably due to the posting costs I suppose? I choose to buy in the news agent to support the High St but have heard this before & pleased I continue to buy, although as a subscriber I believe you get offers & discounts theatre just for subscribers & have a dedicated spot on the website.
Westi
Clive.
KG Regular

With the last issue, recvd via post here, there were 3 seed packets, rocket, lettuce and radish enclosed .

edit, to add, that was with my June edition.

C.
Geoff
KG Regular

Same 3 here - I think the previous month may have been basil, garlic chives and oregano.
Shallot Man
KG Regular

I subscribe to have it delivered by post. On average six packets in each issue. [ I must have blue eyes ] :wink:
Colin2016
KG Regular

If you look on page 94 of the June issue it tell you what to expect next month.

I too had 3 packets seeds with June issue.
Primrose
KG Regular

I had Rocket, radish and "Marvel of four seasons" lettuce which is one I haven,t come across before.

Am running short of growing space so will be sowing the rocket in punnets.

The packets have been really useful with garden centres closed in the lockdown. I've managed to keep a couple of friends supplied with my spares.
Shallot Man
KG Regular

On our site. All surplus seed's are put in a tin in the site shed. Help yourself basis.
Monika
KG Regular

I had six seed packets with the latest issue (bought at the village shop), none of which I needed. So I put a notice on our village website and left them in the open porch for people to collect.
Westi
KG Regular

At ours, all unwanted seeds used to go into the box on the table at lottie so people can grab what they need or can't get. Now stopped as there is always one or two that ruin it & don't buy a damn thing including the magazines & take the lot, even if duplications. I give mine to the shop as they grow lots of plants which they sell & also share with the little site on the estate nearby. This year my excess seeds have gone to the shop, the folk in the close, my nephew who has been allowed to grow on a neighbours huge patch in central London, (he's never grown a thing), but has a 90yr old neighbour who can't cope with it anymore so if he is successful a win/win for them both, some to work colleagues. I have also sown well more than I need so hopefully can provide a few veg to others as well, without grow space; on top of those I do already.
Westi
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Shallot Man wrote:I subscribe to have it delivered by post. On average six packets in each issue. [ I must have blue eyes ] :wink:

Op's. Wrong magazine. I share a magazine with a fellow plotholder. He with this one. Me with the other well known one. It is the other one that reguly includes up to six packets of seed. I put it down to senile decay. :roll: :roll:
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Brilliant Shallot Man...I think we all have those momments... :)

I too got the 'marvel of four seasons', i'm sure these were handed out to their favourite suscibers... :wink: :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Monika
KG Regular

I am not a subscriber and don't have blue eyes, but I got six packets with KG this time! So there.
Monika
KG Regular

I am not a subscriber and I don't have blue eyes, but I got six packets with the latest KG. So there.
Westi
KG Regular

We're all special! Marvel of 4 Seasons is a right hardy little guy & I just about got the 4 seasons out of it but beaten by the slimy guys!
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic