Attn Wellie- Apple and mint /chilli jelly

Delicious (we hope!) recipes from you the reader!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

lizzie
KG Regular

Hi there darling.

Is there any chance you could put your receipe for the above on here please. It was bloody delicious. If anyone else has any variations please feel free.

Thank you
Lots of love

Lizzie
Johnboy
KG Regular

Hi Lizzie,
I must say that Wellie's Apple and Mint Jelly is simply wonderful and I'm sure others would certainly like it. So I second your request and appeal to Wellie to publish her recipe.
Sincerely, Johnboy.
lizzie
KG Regular

Thanks JB. It was nice. I ended up eating the whole jar with nothing else. Just a spoon.

It was niiiiiiiiiice.

Come on Wellie darling, hows 'bout it then? :lol:
Lots of love

Lizzie
Johnboy
KG Regular

Hi Lizzie,
One of my favourite meals is Neck Fillet of Lamb cut part through on one side and part cut twice on the other and then beaten into a Lamb Steak and I fry this in my cast iron ribbed bottom pan and when I was cooking the second side I liberally coated the top with Wellie's Apple and mint Jelly and it was out of this world I had this with one of her small Butternuts and other veg with wonderful gravy, which included some of the jelly that had run off the meat. It was simply scrumptious!
JB.
TROUSERS
KG Regular

hi just been on forum spotted wellie jelly .
ive just spoken to the skirt whilst she be watering,

and wellie had not noticed but will post up recipeeeeee in the next couple of days.
Wellie
KG Regular

I'm SO SORRY ! I've been far too engrossed with my plot, and my cat..... but I'm here now.

Recipe for Apple & Mint Jelly:

Get ahold of: 3lb. Bramley Apples
LARGE bunch fresh mint
15 fl.oz. cider apple vinegar
Added Pectic Jam Sugar
2-4 tblsps. finely chopped fresh mint

1. Put the Apples in a heavy-based pan with enough water to cover them. Add the large bunch of mint and then bring to the boil and simmer until the apples are soft (about 30 mins?).

2. Add the cider apple vinegar and cook for a further 5 minutes.

3. Remove from the heat, put the contents of the pan into a jelly bag and allow to drip into another container overnight.

4. Measure the liquid and put in a pan with sugar, allowing three-quarters of a pound (my personal weight tip, NOT a pound...) of sugar to each one pint of liquid.

5. Heat gently until the sugar has dissolved and then boil briskly until setting point . Remove any scum, obviously.... yuk.

6. Turn off the heat and cool slightly before stirring in the freshly chopped mint.

7. Pot into small cooled, sterilised jars, cover and label "Welly jelly".

And I hope you get the same results I did...

Enjoy, and 'thank you both Lizzie & JB' you're TOO TOO kind !!
Wellie
X
lizzie
KG Regular

Thanks Wellie

Gone straight to my folder.
Lots of love

Lizzie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic