2020 Spring Bits & Bobs

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Colin2016
KG Regular

Clive, radio tuned to Gardeners Question time then sounds of the 70s.

The metal frame is a old commercial one from a Kings Lynn company, I got free from gumtree last year. The netting is scaffolding netting, managed to get 3 metre width without the large securing holes in the centre.

Looks like it will a potting on day as sharp change in weather...Er indoors told me not to get my shorts out, will I ever listen?
retropants
KG Regular

Wow, what a difference this morning. 41 in the greenhouse yesterday, 9 this morning.
Clive.
KG Regular

Colin2016 wrote:Clive, radio tuned to Gardeners Question time then sounds of the 70s.

I was wondering if it would be GQT. :) My 1987 Panasonic was on the extension lead from the greenhouse...but I was on 648Khz medium wave, Radio Caroline (North). :wink:

It's a bit grey out towards the coast this morning but North Norfolk is usually well in view from here...especially so with the clear blue skies of recent days.

C.
robo
KG Regular

Radio Caroline ,that’s a name from the past ,when it was anchored in Douglas bay I used to listen to it as much as possible,that brings back memories
Clive.
KG Regular

Hello Robo,
Have a listen on 1368Khz MW, now....There's a once a month link with Manx radio. Usually coming from Ross Revenge at anchor in River Blackwater, Essex. 648Khz from ex BBC Orfordness for those in East/South East. :)

Radio Caroline (North) will be on the Manx medium wave transmitter until 2pm today. http://www.radiocaroline.co.uk

C.
Last edited by Clive. on Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Compo
KG Regular

I loved Radio Caroline. Huge fan of Johnnie Walker. Meanwhile how about this for a repurpose?
Upright.jpg
Upright.jpg (375.86 KiB) Viewed 2784 times
Last edited by peter on Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: As if by magic
If I am not on the plot, I am not happy.........
Compo
KG Regular

I cannot get the pic the right way up. Grrrr!
Clive.
KG Regular

...A mobile towable propagator frame... :)

The top of my Humex Propatray cracked up whilst out of use over the last couple of years....I was pondering on an improvised top...and then remembered the "plastic" front cover screen from the front of a long gone 405 line television....I knew just where it was in the garage and went straight to it...its even got two ventilation holes, where the control knobs used to be... :)

C.
Compo
KG Regular

Allotment engineering!!
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

You lot are brilliant never fail to make me smile... :)

On another funny note, I was over the allotment at 12.30am this morning, trying to get some sheets of corrugated plastic under control...someones outside light came on, so I bet they wondered what on earth was going on. :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Clive.
KG Regular

I was out at 3am to rescue the plastic bucket that should have the milk bottles placed in it upon delivery....thankfully only the solar light outside our own back door came on... :)

C.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I suppose i'm lucky in that my neighbous are used to me lurking about at the early hours. :)

Had a Police van slow down and take a really good look at me a little while ago, while I was over the allotment...I had already got lined up what I was going to say and that was, "that is thoughtful of you to stop and see if I needed some help,.. now if you both want to grab a watering can"... :)

Primrose
KG Regular

My husband is a lifelong insomniac so I've got used to this semi naked man wandering around the house at all hours of the night. It if he suddenly starts doing it outdoors triggering our security lights which is getting me worried :lol:
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Primrose, I do hasten to add, I was fully clothed when wresting with the corrogated sheeting... :)

I do miss Pa Snip, on his special day.

Stephen
KG Regular

I knew just where it was in the garage and went straight to it.

That is impressive. I suspect we are all wombles at heart but I am very keen to get rid of some of the clutter. Annoyingly, while there is time to clear and sort, the charity shops & the recycling centre are all closed.

As for mucking about outside during the night, I hope I no longer need to do this.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic