Golden Milk

General Cooking tips

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

chrissmith94
KG Regular

Hello,

I found a nice recipe called “golden milk” which is a turmeric latte. It doesn’t need many ingredients – all it takes is turmeric, cinnamon, black pepper, and ginger. I personally love to pour some buttermilk in it, too. The only mistake I made was that I didn’t wear gloves when cutting the turmeric. It took days until my fingers weren’t yellow anymore. Now that I know that, I want to use disposable gloves the next time I prepare a turmeric latte. I did some research and I found these gloves:

https://www.arco.co.uk/product?productcode=1414200

I think they are at a reasonable price for disposable gloves that are approved for contact with food. What do you think? Do you also use gloves like this?

I am open for any other hacks on how to cut turmeric but also for other recipes with turmeric.

Many thanks,
Chris
Westi
KG Regular

The blue is to find the bits if you have any fail with them, but other gloves are OK as well just not if selling for public consumption. I'm not sure about a turmeric latte but do use it quite a bit in savoury dishes that are supposed to have it as an ingredient and some never ever intended to meet it. I just use powdered as root is not available in any of the supermarkets in my area.
Westi
Stephen
KG Regular

I haven't tried turmeric from root, nor do I use it much but certainly I don't want yellow fingers for days.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
erapx
KG Regular

A turmeric latte sounds strangely delicious.
Westi
KG Regular

Welcome erapx!

Turmeric is quite a benign spice in that it does not scream at you but adds a subtle layer of flavour & of course colour. I would definitely try it as up there as a favoured spice in my book.
Westi
Carolcarrot
KG Regular

Sounds very unusually, but at the same time, I'm interested. Anyway, I've never bought turmeric as a root.
Stephen
KG Regular

I find tumeric may not scream in flavour it does in colour.
I don't use it anything like as much as I do paprika.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Primrose
KG Regular

I have a freebie packet of turmeric tablets supplied a vitwmin company. Tried a few but they were horribly hard to swallow and make your pee go bright yellow. Do they have any genuine health benefits? The jury seems to be out on this question.
Westi
KG Regular

I've given up on the 'health benefits' of most things as seem just a passing fad! (Really fast passing in current times)! We know the hard fact stuff like fat & the like being bad, but the what is good is over in a flash without much proper research but some "star" telling the public it is! I use a couple of herbal tablets following lots of research & one even regularly supplied by prescription in Europe.

Stephen I'm with you on paprika, like the smokey tones, like the Moroccan mixes, 5 spice is interesting but limited in uses! As for herbs - big time user!
Westi
oliviamia1351
KG Regular

I am intersted
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic