Chicken dinner

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

alan refail
KG Regular

Another of our spare cockerels from last year's hatch plucked and drawn and ready for the oven. He will be the first we have eaten ourselves, the others having gone to a local beekeeper who pays us for them in jars of honey. Just two more to go and we will be ready for the spring hatching season :)
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
robo
KG Regular

Enjoy it Alan ,I was at my daughters last night for tea as we call it dinner to other areas ,her husband is on a vegetarian trip almost a year by now I’ve no problem with that ,I’m even keen on trying a few of his meals while my wife is in a hospice ,saves me cooking ,he now is trying vegan and refuses to eat the eggs I give him and my daughter to use,the only down side is he tries to force his food on people like myself and my daughter, I think our 2year old granddaughter has the answer when she is given a vegan yoghurt she throws it as far as she can shouting no in a loud voice
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I bet the taste was so much better than anything you can buy, Alan...and no stress for him either.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Primrose
KG Regular

Did yiu kill him yourself? I always say the one thing which might stop me eating meat is if I had to kill the animal myself. I even find it hard to put slugs too death !

I don,t mind what other people's' eating habits are Robo unless or until they try and force them in me! . (or if they turn up for a meal at your house and then casually drop the bombshell "Oh By the way I forgot to tell that I've turned Vegan now !! "
Last edited by Primrose on Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alan refail
KG Regular

OH
Very tasty, if a little chewy (old bird). I'll casserole the next ones. But plenty of bones to reroast tomorrow to make a great soup.

Primrose
You have to kill 'em to cook 'em, though these days my son does it.
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Westi
KG Regular

Robo has your son in law really researched vegan? Essential vitamins & trace minerals missing in a vegan diet to support a child's growth pattern, especially if followed to the letter. Supplements are needed or a move back to just vegetarian for the child which is manageable as no strict regime with manure source etc.
Westi
robo
KG Regular

It’s early days yet westi and my daughter will have an imput
Westi
KG Regular

And no doubt you too robo, but it sounds like she has a mind of her own as well, so sure everything is just fine!
Westi
robo
KG Regular

What a day got told my wife needs 24 hour care and has to go into a home ,then my youngest daughter announced she was pregnant with their second ,talk about emotions being pulled in different directions ,sorry Alan for stealing your chicken
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Morning Robo, if it makes things a little easier if you talk about them, i'm sure no one will mind in the least... it was a huge help to me, when I had my little problem.

Shallot Man
KG Regular

alan refail wrote:OH
Very tasty, if a little chewy (old bird). I'll casserole the next ones. But plenty of bones to reroast tomorrow to make a great soup.

Primrose
You have to kill 'em to cook 'em, though these days my son does it.

A slow cooker might be a good investment. :wink:
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I have a slow cooker and I wouldn't be without her... :)

alan refail
KG Regular

We'll, that's it for the time being. We took to casseroling the spare cockerels and we have just enjoyed the last one from last year's hatch tonight. So much more taste than commercially produced chicken.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic