Early Winter Bits and Bobs.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

alan refail
KG Regular

A pleasant 10° here with sunny spells.
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Clive.
KG Regular

7 C over here in the East....but the really important bit is that we've had dry for a good few days, at last. Dry roads several mornings now when going into work early.
The local river is running clear again and at normal level, its been up and soil brown for seemingly months...and the Beet lifter was out working early on the farm. :)

C.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dark, dank and dreary here, apart from that, a lovely day... :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
robo
KG Regular

Thanks to people on here making me feel guilty I was up early sorted my wife until the Carers came and was down the plot before 8-30 started of positive I put the kettle on then covered the rhubarb with compost and chicken pellets then started to spread chicken muck on the poly tunnel beds prior to Jayes flued then cover with a layer of cardboard ,cleaned the chickens out and collected the eggs ,picked some sprouts for tea then away home ,quite happy after the morning effort
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Good on you Robo....

Shallot Man
KG Regular

Robo. See you put the kettle on first. A man after my own heart. :wink:
Monika
KG Regular

Good day here and got the manure spread on the vegetable patch, now covered with black plastic for the worms to work wonders ....
Chantal
KG Regular

Bit of a sequel to Kinky Boots then OH? I can just see you modelling a pair of fish net stockings :lol:

I'm still in recovery from the muck shovelling. A lazy day if you don't include my husband's tax return, but so cold and gloomy outside, I'm glad I was mostly in front of the wood burner. However an hour in the summerhouse keeping Flossy chicken company was nearly the death of me, it took me another hour to thaw out! :roll:
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Westi
KG Regular

It was light cloud with the hint of sunshine to come down here! (It didn't)! I managed to burn the last the last of rose cuttings & a few other bits of wood that were annoying me! Last bed of growing crops was weeded (Chinese bed of Mustard, Mouli & cabbage that was fairly ravaged). I'm surprised to find that most of the trees & bushes have buds already - Do I read that as a sign of a mild winter - or are they as confused as me?
Westi
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I think the plants are confused again and since we will probably get some bitterly cold weather yet, they will suffer for it...

Geoff
KG Regular

Not supposed to be a good sign but a beautiful coloured sky this morning.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Started digging at 8am this morning, then after about 10 minutes, suddenly realised how quiet it was...not a sound to be heard apart from a few birds singing and the chink of an odd flint striking my spade....

Primrose
KG Regular

I think everybody round here was having a lie in as the road have been empty. Fireworks going on u til around 3 am is not my idea of being sociable to yiur neighbours. Midnight at New Year,s Eve is fine and probably inevitable in today,s environment but stretching it beyond 12.30 in my view is antisocial
Clive.
KG Regular

I was in to work 7:35am and likewise very quiet. Traffic almost nil...petrol station was open but no custom, only a single central line of pumps and every regular day a long queue.
Cats at work fed and medicated, greenhouses ventilated and back home to hand weed through raspberry rows. Just done lunch for Mum and I a la microwave. Mums carer is here, sorting things and things.
Just got to lightly cultivate around the raspberries which will then see the central section of the garden all dug an cultivated. Loads still to do but driving on whilst I have the days...and the weather :)

C.
robo
KG Regular

Out early this morning down to the plot my intention was to get stuck in but my neighbour turned up he comes walking down my path which puts a stop to me working ,today after half an hour he went I then managed to fill the remaining beds in the poly tunnel with matured chicken shxt you have to have had your nose broken at least three times to do this luckily I played a lot of rugby in my younger days so my sense of smell is nil, I then dug some parsnips cleaned the chickens and managed to collect seven eggs then away home
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic