Postage wrappers for magazine

If you would like advice from the Kitchen Garden editorial team, ask here. Steve, Emma or Tony will pop in with their best advice.

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Primrose
KG Regular

Today we received our National Trustmagazine . It came packaged in an outer wrapping which said

"I am 100% compostable and contain Potato starch. The National Trust has moved away from polythene wrapping to a more environmentally friendly potato starch film which is compostable. Here are several ways you can dispose of your wrapper:

1 add to a well maintined home/garden compost heap
2. Place it with your garden waste for industrial composting
3 use to line your food waste caddy"

If the National Trust can do this, can Kitchen Garden also do it please? I intend to write to the other publishers of magazines I receive by post and ask them to do likewise. Every little helps and public pressure from subscribers may help to reduce our plastic use a little further.
LisaW
KG Regular

Which? also send the magazine in a compostable potato-starch wrapper now.
Westi
KG Regular

Hmm! Food for thought literally KG!
Westi
Stravaig
KG Regular

We subcribe to Private Eye and a few months ago they started sending the mag in a paper envelope instead of the previous plastic wrapping. We thought it was a good move.

However, several of the foodie magazines,and The Oldie, which I subscribe to are still using plastic. I shall to write to them and suggest they stop using plastic.
Geoff
KG Regular

I must admit I didn't understand the National Trust changing to the over priced envelope rather than simple paper but then again cost control is a foreign country to them.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic