A view of my garden

Polytunnels, cold frames, greenhouses, propagators & more. How to get the best out of yours...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

robo
KG Regular

Hi OH ,we have had the plot for around 8 years before we were allocated the plot it had been used as a tip for around 17 years ,the bottom end were the pollytunnel is was a duck pond , it looks decent now but it's been a lot of work coupled with around 45 ton of top soil but we never give up
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

And that's something you seem to be very good at Robo, (Not giving up).....

But there is something very satisfying about turning a really rough allotment, back in to something produtive again.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Westi
KG Regular

Nice proper plot Robo, looks grand! Definitely liking the view from the tea drinking area, that must be too tempting to use & pour another cuppa!
Westi
robo
KG Regular

Doctors orders westi ,after my heart attack I was told in no uncertain way not to tire myself out not to become a lounge potato but to rest when I get tired ,now I work for twenty minutes then rest for ten it's surprising how much you can do over a few days
Westi
KG Regular

Agree totally about a bit at a time with or without a heart attack (or in my case stuffed discs) as motive. It all gets done in time, but makes you worry when you see the new folk slog on relentlessly all day to try to get their plot looking like Monty's or someone with their own gardener. Really do like your plot, just looks so right, mine is a bit bland but it is intentional to limit the hoeing & weeding.!
Westi
robo
KG Regular

I'll try and take some better ones over the next few days but it will probably take another four days to get them on the site haha
Diane
KG Regular

That's an amazing plot Robo. A real credit to you.
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Stephen
KG Regular

That's very neat Robo.

P.S. So this is where my pictures should have been posted (not in a thread of their own!)
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
robo
KG Regular

Some better pictures of our plot I bet you are all getting fed up with me I still cant get flickr to stop printing over the page
the ImageP1010452 by Dave Robinson, on FlickrImageP1010445 by Dave Robinson, on Flickr
ImageP1010451 by Dave Robinson, on Flickr
ImageP1010450 by Dave Robinson, on Flickr
ImageP1010447 by Dave Robinson, on Flick
Imagethis is ben our sheep dog unfortunately ben has gone blind not having many sheep on our allotment changed ben into our chicken dog P1010448 by Dave Robinson,
Westi
KG Regular

Now that is one nice tea break spot it covered as well? Note the egg box on the table, have you got chickens too?
Westi
robo
KG Regular

Westi at present we have twelve it may go up before the week is out ,on the first picture you can see my grandson poking tltbits through the end of the run and on the fifth picture you can see the door to the run and coup or shed in my case
Stephen
KG Regular

That's a very swish seating area! I created a flat area and use a couple of pallets to create a deck (of sorts - more like duckboards) on which we can set out or two folding chairs. Faces west of north, so great for evening sunshine in the summer. Chairs have to be packed away every time.

I could not manage the commitment of livestock or don't want the complication might be more accurate. I expect I could manage to walkover the the 'lottie every day but certainly don't want to go over to let them out and to shut them up at night. This is why Robo, your automatic device is essential.
robo
KG Regular

You don't have to lock them away for the first three years I did not bother ,I keep the shed door closed and locked all the time I cut a small bobhole to one side of the door and made a ladder up to it on the outside on the inside I have a ladder to the top perch which is six feet off the floor and a ladder to the floor so as the chickens can get too the laying boxes ,I put the automatic door on after we had problems with a pole cat to make it safe for the chickens when it's dark that's the time when animals strike two legged ones as well hence the lock on the chicken shed door
tigerburnie
KG Regular

Not quite my garden, but from the other side of the smaller hill at the edge of our village, shows why I'm not planning much gardening just yet...…………………
Snow on the Angus hills.jpg
Snow on the Angus hills.jpg (395.48 KiB) Viewed 3749 times

Yes that is more snow clouds above/enveloping the hills.
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
Stephen
KG Regular

It's a nice view, even if the clouds dominate the picture.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic