Pa Snip Enterprise Log Stardate Feb 15th 2019

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Geoff
KG Regular

What devices are you people using that you have difficulty with photo orientation?
I find when I am creating a post I can use 'preview' to see how it will come out. If it looks wrong I decide which way it needs to rotate, delete the attachment, rotate the original file on my machine, re-attach then preview again and only post when it looks correct. Are there some devices where this rotation step is difficult? I am suspecting the spawn of the devil that starts with 'i' but that might just be my bias.
Stephen
KG Regular

i? Probably. But mobile devices in general are difficult.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Primrose
KG Regular

Upside down seems to happen to me all the time when emailing photos taken on my iPhone. . It would probably be easier if i practiced taking them standing upside down on my head - then they might come out the right way up!
Poddington Pea
KG Regular

Geoff wrote:What devices are you people using that you have difficulty with photo orientation?
I find when I am creating a post I can use 'preview' to see how it will come out. If it looks wrong I decide which way it needs to rotate, delete the attachment, rotate the original file on my machine, re-attach then preview again and only post when it looks correct. Are there some devices where this rotation step is difficult? I am suspecting the spawn of the devil that starts with 'i' but that might just be my bias.

Im so sorry Geoff but on my phone they look perfectly normal to me, even under preview, therefore myself or my iphone are not at fault, so therefore cannot change, you all get the general gist, therefore thats all that matters in this world of more important things to worry about, hope you have a nice day.
Down at the bottom of the garden, among the birds and the bees, your find alot of little people called the poddington peas, the poddinton peas. :wink:
Geoff
KG Regular

I don't have a smartphone so I didn't realise it was difficult like Stephen says, apologies if my post looked personally critical. Perhaps somebody could post tips for iOS and Android devices?
Westi
KG Regular

On my little compact camera they turn out fine Geoff, but on the iphone it's perfect to view but Mr Apple mucks around somehow & decides for itself which way is up! Absolutely right though Geoff - maybe some hints & tips would be useful.
Westi
Primrose
KG Regular

I suspect you haven't applied for planning permission to run an on-site catering function but i'm sure Pa operates on the assumption that it is better to ask for forgiveness than to seek permission !

I can smell that bacon from here and it's delicious!
Stephen
KG Regular

I have no special knowlege on posting pictures but it appears never to be a problem fron a proper computer.
Phone handsets are miraculous in their way but limited. In my view great for consuming but poor for creating content (I'm on an Android handset at the moment; there's an irony there).
I'll post a landscape picture, then a portrait one.
[img]
IMG_20190210_143423.jpg
[/img]
IMG_20190210_143423.jpg
IMG_20190210_143423.jpg (3.14 MiB) Viewed 3576 times
Attachments
IMG_20190212_140752.jpg
IMG_20190212_140752.jpg (2.67 MiB) Viewed 3576 times
Stephen
KG Regular

Those work OK.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Hi Everyone. Pea here, not pa, pa is now sedated and snoring his head off. i bet he's dreaming of the plot, or is it a case of he's lost it? lol

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic