Pa Snip Enterprise Log Stardate Feb 15th 2019

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Pa Snip
KG Regular

'Poddington & Snap take over the 'labour' department'

I mentioned on a recent post my transfer from the labour department to the blue collar project planning and finance section

The next project is underway with some components having been delivered to the plot into the care of “Snap Pea” (Poddington’s husband, called Snap Pea because he wants to take over one of my cameras & lenses when I depart)
No doubt he will be ‘assisted’ by their young son “Zip Pea” so named as he tends to zip from place to place at a rate of knots on the plot

Unfortunately, when that particular delivery arrived at the plot, they had sent a lorry too big to drive on site to unload
The driver therefore unloaded by the main gate and left Snap to shift it on his own to the other side of our site

The other depot made a successful delivery of 2 tonnes tote bagged sharp sand direct to plot, much to Snaps relief.
Component parts delivered so far consist of
8 parts x 7.2mt x 150mm x 50mm C24 treated timber
8 parts x 1.2mt x 150mm x 50mm C24 treated timber
36 x 10cm screws
2 tonne sharp sand

Awaiting delivery, due 3 to 4 weeks, 10cu mt. composted manure (approx. 7 tonnes)

Now considered ‘work in progress’

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Westi
KG Regular

Blimey Pa!

What are you planing on them to build? You've loads of raised beds (I thought) ready for Poddington to take over! What's the mission then Pa? I'm not sure you will get planning permission for an 'Allotment Enterprise' but as you're planning officer & finance manager it could be worth a shot! :) :)
Westi
Geoff
KG Regular

The Bible tells us the length of Noah’s Ark was 300 cubits, its width 50 cubits, and its height 30 cubits.

However the cubit varies; Hebrew 17.5in, Egyptian 17.6in, Babylonian Long 19.8in, Hebrew Long 20.4in and Egyptian Long 20.6in. I don’t have a figure for the Berkshire cubit.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Thanks Geoff, given your useful info I rather fancy specifying the Babylonian Long cubit .
Alternatively I could try and resurect Holland, Hannen & Cubitts to undertake construction

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Good morning, my Old Sausage...Is there detailed, to scale drawings, done by yourself, or is it more, just knock it together and that will do? :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Westi
KG Regular

Is there something you are not telling us Pa regarding the forthcoming weather?? Here I was imagining your 'Beam me up Scottie' preparation moment but confused with the amount of compost & planned use of same, not going be accepted easily when you & it turn up together without a plan! ;)
Westi
Stephen
KG Regular

:?
Is it going to be a beach volleyball court? Surely you would want playpit sand for that? :P
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Poddington Pea
KG Regular

Its all for another massive raised bed, we attempted timo start today but progress was slow due to a very late start after pa needing my attendence by his side instead, however un true pa snip style the bacon was lovely
Down at the bottom of the garden, among the birds and the bees, your find alot of little people called the poddington peas, the poddinton peas. :wink:
Poddington Pea
KG Regular

How do i add photos?
Attachments
CADD29C2-0A8A-4BFE-BC96-9FDAD0605823.jpeg
CADD29C2-0A8A-4BFE-BC96-9FDAD0605823.jpeg (2.34 MiB) Viewed 8651 times
B22B7668-26E6-4F7B-9473-ECCD63AEE434.jpeg
B22B7668-26E6-4F7B-9473-ECCD63AEE434.jpeg (2.67 MiB) Viewed 8651 times
Down at the bottom of the garden, among the birds and the bees, your find alot of little people called the poddington peas, the poddinton peas. :wink:
Pa Snip
KG Regular

FLIPPING HECK 1! that is really rubbing salt in

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Morning Pod, glad to see you have your priorities in the right order.....Dad first, the the delicious looking bacon rolls and then think about the work.... :)

I don't know aout you Old Sausage but, I can smell that bacon cooking... :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Poddington Pea wrote:How do i add photos?

Any chance of a takeaway :) .
Diane
KG Regular

Brilliant photos...thank you.
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
robo
KG Regular

Your cubit is on its side
Westi
KG Regular

I for one won't be answering that question Poddington. I think from my side on pics the only people happy are the chiropractors! :)
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic