A very personal message

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Pa Snip
KG Regular

Decided today not to continue with radiotherapy, cancelled session I was due today.

Next consultant clinic one months time

I've had enough folks. I cant lead life the way I always have. Energy so flat, even my sense of humour is suffering, and quite frankly what am I without that.

Time for nature to take its course with me fighting the alien as best I can.

There are some good people on here and I would like to thank them now for their past, and hopefully continuing, support.

I will continue to take part when I have something to post or participate in. and now the poxy fireworks have started again !!!!!

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
tigerburnie
KG Regular

All power to your elbow Pa, stay strong.
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
Westi
KG Regular

Sad to hear this Pa, but totally agree it is about quality over quantity, powerful decision though but I expect liberating as well being in control! A bit more groaning at your jokes then - that will do nicely!

I sincerely hope you feel more you without this treatment and keep on the site as much as possible. Along with me, these anonymous folk on here will be all thinking of you and willing your alien gone, as you have made such a great impact in sharing your knowledge, hints & tips & photos - if I have to say it even your jokes! :)

All the best Pa!
Westi
robo
KG Regular

Only you and your close family know what you are going through I wish you all the luck in the world ,keep fighting till the end you never know what's round the corner, my wife went through close on three months radiotherapy and chemotherapy at the same time it did nothing to help her
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

A brave decision Pa but you may as well feel as well as you can for as long as you can. I thought you had been rather quiet recently and missed your gardening updates. I've put off having chemotherapy until I get back from Thailand next year so just hope nothing serious goes wrong in the meantime.
I and everyone here hope you have time to feel as well as possible without all the side effects of the treatment.
Best wishes xxx
Geoff
KG Regular

A brave decision, I hope it all works out for the best.
Mind I think you should stick with radiotherapy. If you are just wanting to sit and relax there's Classic FM, you can bring back memories of the humour you used to like and wonder why with Radio 4 Extra, music forever (including drowning out documentaries, but that's just my current irritation), supposedly all sorts is available with new BBC Sounds etc. Endless therapy!
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Morning Pa Snip, I can't find the words I really want to write but, I hope you know me well enough to be able to imagine how they would go.....One thing I would like to say though is, you have been a true insperation to me and have altered in a fair way, the way I now look at life, so a huge thank you for that.

So more of posts, for as long as you feel you can, will be very much appreciated, Old Sausage.... :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Tony Hague
KG Regular

Good luck old chap. Only you know how you feel. You are an inspiration in many ways. I hope we can enjoy your humour for a while longer :D
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Pa Snip. My thoughts are with you.
Diane
KG Regular

Pa Snip - thinking of you and applauding your decision. I've learnt so much from your posts and long may they continue. XX
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
alan refail
KG Regular

Pa Snip - I admire your courage and realism. From what I know of you I am sure you will face what is to come in a positive way and keep your sense of humour.
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Primrose
KG Regular

That's a brave decision Pa but we all know you will have thought things through very carefully and hopefully will now have peace of mind over the way you want to live the rest of your life . Such treatment is always harsh and stressful and we hope that now taking life at your own pace will let yiu feel more in control. I know everybody on here will be continuing to offer their moral support. Please do keep in touch on your good days, and know that on the 'not so good' days you will still be very much in our thoughts.
Stephen
KG Regular

Best wishes from me.
I can only echo that it is a brave decision and that you are to be greatly respected in putting quality of life ahead of absolute longevity. I have had discussions along these lines with my sister.

This thread reminds me of an article about health and longevity earlier this year - https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/sep/11/british-women-live-shorter-lives-than-n-other-europeans

I think that the editors missed the most shocking news which is in the article down the page:
Women in 2014-16 were spending nearly 20 years of their life in poor health (19.3 years), while men spent just over 16 years in poor health,
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Monika
KG Regular

All the best, Pa Snip! My thoughts are with you.

One of our grandsons (in his late twenties, married, with a small child) was diagnosed with an aggressive cancer two weeks ago. He is starting radiotherapy this week. Cancer is such a nasty, nasty indiscriminate beast .....
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Hi Folks

Your replies in response to my post demonstrate exactly what I mean by there being good caring folk on here.
A number of us have either issues of your own or with close family and yet time is found to give comfort or inspiration to others.

Monika's post is a prime example of what I have said all along, "there are others in worst case scenarios than me"
I sincerely hope her grandson recovers well.

I thank you (ooh shades of Arthur Askey there playmates) :D

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic