Anybody going to Malvern Autumn Show UPDATED 22/9

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Think they are breeze blocks Robo not wall tiles. It doesn't show the real scale of it. It dwarfed a young girl that stood next to it
I wonder what they will do with it? I suppose they take the seeds and sell them for a lot of money to pumpkin enthusiasts.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Spot on Plum, that is exactly what they do

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
robo
KG Regular

It's not as big as that one ,319 kg is big, but I did not set out to grow a big pumpkin it just happened ,problem is I can't find a tape measure although I have at least five I did take a picture of it with a coke bottle lying on the top to give me something to compare it with ,but it's still growing and attracting quite a bit of attention from other plotters
Westi
KG Regular

Keep an eye on it robo & hope it's ready or can be hidden before November, or some low life will have it away for a wasted halloween prop! I have hidden my Polar Bear pumpkins under membrane & netting hoping it looks like a pile of stuff. The only reason I'm doing it this early is when I went down early the other day I found they are a bit luminescent & glow in the half light. The vine is spent so they will be coming home to harden off tomorrow if they are still there of course! I'll be gutted if they aren't mind!
Westi
Geoff
KG Regular

Have you been to Harrogate before PP? Do DT Brown always have the everything a £1 stand? I wasn't prepared so could have bought even more (and left a couple I still had enough of).
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Yes Geoff, I got stocked up with a few things at the spring show. Can't go wrong for a pound and they're good quality seeds.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Regret health circumstances suggest it wise not to attempt attending show. Great shame as I have always enjoyed both the Malvern Autumn and Spring shows

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic