We seem to have missed a birthday

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Geoff
KG Regular

Happy Birthday to the occasional Catherine, hope you found a good day despite the rain.
Primrose
KG Regular

Many Happy Retuens. Hope to see you more often and have another good growing year !
tigerburnie
KG Regular

Happy Birthday and to jeff64 as well
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
Catherine
KG Regular

Thank you for my birthday wishes. We have been away in the Cotswolds for a week to celebrate my birthday and I had intermittent internet. I have been missing in action for this year as I have not had a good 12 months with my health, having various tests to see what was wrong. Finally at the beginning of this month I had a stress test on my heart and got the result just as we were leaving for our holiday. Everything was clear, thank goodness. It still doesn't explain my symptoms, but happy to hear my heart is strong and healthy. I have yet another appointment next week to see the doctor. I have Fybromyalgia which is brought on by stress so need to sort my stressful life out. Our garden has been amazing this year, with bags of french beans, courgettes (well I did have 6 plants) caulis, cabbages, broccoli, strawberries (amazing for the first time) kale, the list is endless. My plan next year is to plant two beds of cutting flowers. Well that is my life for the last year up to date. Many thanks again for my birthday wishes, especially as I haven't been around much.
Monika
KG Regular

Very belatedly, best wishes for your birthday, Catherine, especially for good health, less stress and good growing! As you are the only person on this forum I have ever met in reality, I feel a special affinity with you!
Catherine
KG Regular

Thank you Monika for your best wishes, I have realise how much I have missed coming on here today and the banter that went on. I can't remember how long ago we met but it was at your village show. It was so nice to meet you. We had our granddaughter with us who is now 20 so it was quite some time ago as she was only young at the time.
Monika
KG Regular

Yes, Catherine. It must be at least 6 or 7 years ago. The village show is still going strong. As I think I have mentioned somewhere else, this years entry numbers were the highest for many years. In addition the organisers (we are no longer members of the organising committee) managed to use the adjoining field to turn it into a real village fete with children's races, decorated bicycles, fancy dress etc. Alas, there is a planning permission on this field for several large houses.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic