parsnips

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

paulw60
KG Regular

Really struggling to grow parsnips this year. had a decent crop last year, but have sown around three packets ( all new seed) and have about five seeds germinate? I am not doing anything different to last year apart from swapping raised beds, which are all identical and fertilized watered the same .Any help would be appreciated
thought there was light at the end of the tunnel, but it was somebody with a torch bring more work!!
Monika
KG Regular

It's probably a bit too late for this year, Paul, but just put "johnboy's method" into the search box of this forum and you will get lots of ideas about germinating parsnip seeds.
robo
KG Regular

I've had three attempts this year I've now given up I've had two germinate in total
paulw60
KG Regular

Thank you, I am having a last ditch go and have put them in a cooler spot in utlity room in trays with compost. Got a few seeds left so will try the kitchen paper. Nothing ventured etc. I might be lucky and get a few small ones!
thought there was light at the end of the tunnel, but it was somebody with a torch bring more work!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic