Ed. on R4

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

John
KG Regular

Nice to hear you on Radio 4 this lunchtime Steve - good to get in a mention of the forum.
Well Done
John
The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men’s lives, the hours spent fishing Assyrian tablet
What we observe is not nature itself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning Werner Heisenberg
I am a man and the world is my urinal
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Maybe we will be inundated with new members..... :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Westi
KG Regular

Maybe we will be inundated with new members - That would be nice! Lots of changes in how to prep & what to sow now days. And after all I haven't a profile pic of myself on here, so can't understand what is stopping them! :) :)
Westi
vivienz
KG Regular

Some of us (me) are long time lurkers, living in constant hope of a kitchen garden! More of a ghost kitchen gardener than a real life one, sadly.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Vivienz, it's still nice to know you are still out there lurking..... :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
vivienz
KG Regular

Thanks, everyone!

I'm getting closer to being a real gardener and my new kitchen garden is tantalisingly close. We're moving at the end of this year (hopefully, oh, so hopefully!) and I'll have all the space I could want to make my new plot. I'm trying to see if I can advance things to earlier this year so that I can get some greenhouse crops and over-wintering ones. The new place is on heavy, sticky clay, the sort you can make pots out of, so I'm going to have a go at the no-dig method as proscribed by Charles Dowding, but I'm my own worst enemy when it comes to enthusiasm winning out over realism. Still, I can dream. And order far too many packets of seeds than is good for me.
Westi
KG Regular

Good Luck! Just take it easy when you start or you could miss a few weeks with a bad back! Practicality over enthusisium!
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic