incinerator

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

JohnN
KG Regular

My old dustbin-style incinerator has disintegrated after about 2 years' use. But how to protect the inside of a new one to make it last longer? All I can think of is a round piece of sheet metal inside, to protect the bottom. What about the sides? Anyone any bright ideas?
robo
KG Regular

I go through about two to three a year , aldi have them at the moment for £16 I don't think any extra work is worthwhile for that price
JohnN
KG Regular

Point taken, Robo. Aldi had sold out so I got one at B&Q for £17.55, inc 10% Wednesday discount.
tigerburnie
KG Regular

Try and find an old 200 litre open topped drum, they will last a lot longer, maybe at a scrap metal yard or an engineering works. Some years back we burnt waste wood and paper daily at a factory and the drum would last for years.
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
robo
KG Regular

Trouble is our council has banned fires on allotments with an incinerator I get away with it but a large drum might cause me problems but you are right Burnie they work well and last for years
Shallot Man
KG Regular

I go along with tigerburnie old oil drum will last for years, just make a few holes in the side & bottom.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic