re survey

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Diane
KG Regular

Just received the mag (May edition) and I notice, on page 16. that we are being asked to complete a survey. Just "follow the link on the website" it says. I can't find the link - can anyone help, please?
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Primrose
KG Regular

Not received mine yet Diane so will try and make a mental note to check this out when it arrives.
Diane
KG Regular

It's just appeared on the website today.
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Geoff
KG Regular

That was hard work! Made sure I mentioned the forum that was pointedly excluded from the Kitchen Garden feeds onto all the weird sites for anti-social networking there are these days.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Good point deservedly made there Geoff

I have yet to find either a link or a survey.
How difficult would it have been for admin or whoever is organising this 'survey' to have put a link on here.
It might only add a few participants I admit .

Feels like we are second class citizens at times

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Geoff
KG Regular

Pa Snip
KG Regular

Thanks Geoff, works fine. Can now take part.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Westi
KG Regular

Thanks Geoff! Just completed the survey!
Westi
Primrose
KG Regular

I.ve completed the survey but really object to personal questions like personal income etc.which are completely irrelevant and which I refused to supply. When we have seen recently details of how a certain large company has abused personal information I,m surprised the survey is asking for this kind of information. Its nothing to do with gardening abilities.
Westi
KG Regular

Interesting observation Primrose. I'm used to it as pops up on every survey type thing - depending on my mood I am honest or just lie! I do think in gardening £'s are important as the TV channels show us people who can afford lots & it actually puts off folk who just want to grow without the posh stuff! We don't need fancy sheds, pots & acres of land to get a great crop. Time for a touch of reality for these shows & KG could tap into that!
Westi
Primrose
KG Regular

Agree. I don,t think people grow their own just to save money. Its a pleasure, a hobby and for many of us, part of our well being and sanity. I suppose I,ve just become suspicious when I see surveys asking questions that arn’t necessarily related to the main survey topic and then further along the process your responses have been distributed or shared with all kind of other business partners for nefarious purposes.

One never knows where all these questions and the 8nformation you supply will end up. It doesn t seem to be unusual in surveys to ask a person’s gender. That may or may not be relevant depending on the topic of the survey but I,m not sure whether if you’re of an indeterminate gender as some surveys now ask, whether this is relevant to your ability grow a decent parsnip or cauliflower or whatever. .
Geoff
KG Regular

I've now had an email inviting me to complete the survey.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Agree with you Primrose.
I simply did not answer the questions I did not feel comfortable about.

Giving a reason why I might garden less was a challenge of alternative explanations :lol:
For a start who knows what the alternatives might be where I end up. Oh year its already agreed, its the strawberry patch.

Pa Snip
KG Regular

Geoff wrote:I've now had an email inviting me to complete the survey.

Well that could mean Primrose and I will get one as well since we submitted ours incomplete. Can you remember which bits you left out Geoff :D

Pa Snip
KG Regular

Just checked I've had the email as well !!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic