Early Autumn Bits and Bobs - 2017

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Wonderful news about your youngest Daughters baby, Robo.
Awful news about your wife's operation.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

There have been over 26 butterflies in the garden this afternoon. It was lovely in the sunshine and even got up to 17° despite a chilly 2° at 7am. I've brought a few of my tender plants in just in case it's frosty.
tigerburnie
KG Regular

Went on an 18 mile bike ride, should have taken my camera, summer briefly said hello again, but dull and wet due tomorrow
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
Pawty
KG Regular

Hi,

The allotments had to take second place this week for a very early harvest.

Pawty
Attachments
IMG_3806.JPG
IMG_3806.JPG (782.11 KiB) Viewed 3955 times
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Looks like it is going to be a good year for English grape growers.....
I think the French had a very damaging late frost.

Monika
KG Regular

Congratulations, grandad Robo, and very best wishes to your wife. Hopefully, the eventual operation will be successful and she will be on the road to recovery!

Coolish morning here, too. The temperature dipped to 3C overnight but was followed by a beautiful early autumn day when the mist had lifted.
Westi
KG Regular

It's so frustrating when communication goes awry, especially so as you are so anxious anyway and just want to get it over & done with. They would not be able to operate as it thins the blood so the risk of bleeding would be too high, which is why the blood test to check. Sorry you both have to go through the stress again in a week, but better a safe outcome from the surgery with the damn cancer gone then to have to stop for an emergency & leave some.

Congratulations on your new granddaughter - bonny baby, great weight!
Westi
robo
KG Regular

Hi westi the cancer has not gone the chemo and radio therapy failed it could be three weeks before we get a new appointment ,I realise it's for carols own good but it is still annoying ,I'm sorry for tying a post up with my own problems I do apologize
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Evening Robo, there's certainly no need to say sorry for tying a post up, as I shouldn't think there is one person on here that wouldn't help if they could, even if it is only giving words of support

Primrose
KG Regular

Robo I think thats terrible, almost negligent. Surely a review of medication is a prior necessity before surgery and to have to psyche yourself up for it and then find somebody has overlooked a point like that is a cause for complaint ainwould have thought. Anyway, congratulations on your new granddaughter.

Ps, that's a bad mistake too. Good job you heard and corrected. One can inky wonder how many times the wrong leg may have been amputated because of this kind of mistake.
retropants
KG Regular

so sorry about the mess up with your wife's op Robo, but that's fabulous news about your new grandaughter. wishing them all well.
tigerburnie
KG Regular

I hope all goes well in the Robo household, NHS keep messing me about with delays, I think they are on their knees with this crop of politicians meddling in things they have no knowledge of.
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
Primrose
KG Regular

Continuing to winter prep the garden. Cleaned and packed te garden furniture way today.. Alas no more al fresco lunches under the sun umbrella. Need to close off the garden tap and pack the hose reel away. Don,t think the remaining winter veg will need any additional watering now.

Noticed today that there are rust spores appearing on my leeksagain this year. . My hollyhocks leaves have also been badly affected by this. Is there anything which will prevent or slow down its appearance ?
robo
KG Regular

Primrose do you not think it's a bit early for packing your summer chairs away you will make it a very long winter
Primrose
KG Regular

Yes I thought that but we have a couple of solid plastic all-weather kneeling stools which can be used on the patio for sitting down and drinking a cup of tea, as well as a couple of handy folding chairs should the sun really decide to shine for long enough for me to sit down and enjoy it.!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic