The Giant Marrow Topic!

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Pa Snip
KG Regular

Marvin was a paranoid android

Perhaps Mervin 2 could become a marinade marrow as it seems you will need lots of magic feed for Mervin 3

You can still pull it out of the bag. .................... NO I am not suggesting you might go buy one from the grocers :D

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
KG Steve
KG Editor

Arthur: "Marvin, any ideas?
Marvin: "I have a million ideas; they all point to certain death." :lol:
Steve Ott
Kitchen Garden Editor
robo
KG Regular

Mine are hiding from the rain ,that's cheating it's not a slate but a roof tile
Pa Snip
KG Regular

robo wrote:Mine are hiding from the rain ,that's cheating it's not a slate but a roof tile

robo, don't think Steve is cheating with his slate (or roof tile if you prefer)
after all, he might find it difficult to grow a decent Cucurbit on a Hot Tin Roof

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
KG Steve
KG Editor

Well I've had a clean slate - or roof tile - of failures so far chaps!
Steve Ott
Kitchen Garden Editor
Pa Snip
KG Regular

KG Steve wrote:Well I've had a clean slate - or roof tile - of failures so far chaps!

:roll: :lol:

Primrose
KG Regular

Steve! Bad luck! As they say, " Sic Transit Gloria Mundi". Being editor alas doesn't give your prodigies any special protection, does it?

g,oris mu D
Westi
KG Regular

Goodness back in the running then for a minor place! Or probably not! :) :)
Westi
robo
KG Regular

I've just bought a caravan I'm thinking of touring the country to check out some of these marrows obviously in the dead of night
KG Steve
KG Editor

Cut Mervin 2 this morning. Thought I might as well make use of him before he becomes inedible! :(

Lady Lettuce has been very guarded about progress with her plant, which leads me to believe she might be quietly confident!
Steve Ott
Kitchen Garden Editor
KG Steve
KG Editor

Of course what I need now is a good marrow recipe so I can do Mervin 2 justice and give him a good send off. Found one where you bake it in foil with freshly harvested sweetcorn and butter, but sadly my sweetcorn is a long way from ready! Any recommendations? (Apart from marrow rum!)
Steve Ott
Kitchen Garden Editor
Pa Snip
KG Regular

KG Steve wrote:Cut Mervin 2 this morning. Thought I might as well make use of him before he becomes inedible! :(

Lady Lettuce has been very guarded about progress with her plant, which leads me to believe she might be quietly confident!

As expected, some dark horses still to appear nearer the home straight

robo
KG Regular

Nearer the home straight ,? Mine are still under starters order I've not had a flower on mine as yet
KG Steve
KG Editor

Not strictly marrows, but noticed this morning that my courgettes have started to produce lots of male flowers and very few females. Wonder if it could be the sudden big drop in temperatures? Anyone else noticed this?
courgettes 2.jpg
courgettes 2.jpg (220.75 KiB) Viewed 3376 times
Steve Ott
Kitchen Garden Editor
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Not happening on our courgettes, already getting snowed under with them. Did notice however that the two marrow plants were producing mainly male flowers. Just as well I have my chosen ones under way and am now cutting all flowers off

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic