Neem oil

Can't identify that mould? Got a great tip for keeping slugs at bay? Suggestions for organic weed control? Post them here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Weed
KG Regular

I was given a small pot of Neem Oil Pesticide...has anyone tried this product and how effective is it

I found this......

http://www.discoverneem.com/neem-oil-insecticide.html
I am in my own little world, ...it's OK, ...they know me there!
Westi
KG Regular

I've never heard of it - difficult 2 say how I feel! Quick death for critters or a slow one?? I try not to use any bought insecticides on the plot - go for the garlic spray or the soapy water (& even the squishing - that's a plastic disposable double glove job though with lots of yuks & other strange noises!)

Will be watching the replies on this Weed - interesting!

Westi
Westi
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

I've used it for ages and it is very effective both in a deterrent way and as a pesticide. It is a natural product from the neem tree and seems to have a huge number of other uses.
Weed
KG Regular

Thanks for that Plumpudding...I understand it is used in ladies make-up type products too
I am in my own little world, ...it's OK, ...they know me there!
jessleco
KG Regular

I use it in the summer against the bloody mosquitoes and it is really great!
Diane
KG Regular

jessleco - I really need something to stop the mosquitoes biting me...really interested to hear this may do the trick. Can you recommend a particular brand? I come up in huge blisters whenever I get bitten.
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
jessleco
KG Regular

Hi Diane, I buy neem oil online. Do you think there are also special insecticides made with this oil instead of chemicals (and often toxic) products.
I also use phials for my cat.

About the brand I've tried many of them and they are all more or less valid. If you have a herbalist or organic shop in the neighborhood you could try the fragrances before buying.
Diane
KG Regular

Thank you for the info. I'll pop in to the local organic shop tomorrow to see if they have any.
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
BarbaraE
KG Regular

I'm using Neem as a spray against cabbage butterflies and the resultant caterpillars and it works very successfully. I bought it online and all the brassicas are looking healthier because of it. A definite plus.
Westi
KG Regular

Jessleco - interested you use it on your cat! Is that for skin condition or fleas?

Westi
Westi
mr-cecil
KG Regular

PLUMPUDDING, I was thinking of getting some of this for next season. Do you use pure neem oil, if so what recipe do you use?
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Westi wrote:Jessleco - interested you use it on your cat! Is that for skin condition or fleas?

Westi

2.25years gone by, wonder if Westi will ever find out :)

I am another one who has never heard of it and will see if I can buy any locally, good resurrection there Mr C way before Easter.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
robo
KG Regular

Plenty on amazon
Pa Snip
KG Regular

yeah but its a long way from the amazon :roll: :)

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
robo
KG Regular

Not that far in a starship
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic