Quoting "FROM THE FORUM"

If you would like advice from the Kitchen Garden editorial team, ask here. Steve, Emma or Tony will pop in with their best advice.

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Pa Snip
KG Regular

Whilst catching up and re-reading past issues I reached the section headed

"FROM THE FORUM"

and having read it I thought 'Who? as the quotations were from people I had never heard of.

This morning whilst browsing the recently arrived December issue I read who was being quoted.

Once again, in two instances, my reaction was "Who" ?
This time I thought I would look the names up on the members list

The lead question was asked by Gilly C, Last active July 2012
A reply by the still very active PlumPudding.
A further reply by Nemo Last active Mar 2015.

Now no disrespect to the two currently inactive posters but surely the feature could be a bit more up to date.
I know the world of publishing relies upon some articles being decided upon some months in advance but surely there are more recent items which are suitable on the forum (excluding the manure I usually post) to be quoted in the magazine rather than 4 year old material by inactive members.
Yes I do realise the question and answers would be as relevant today as they were then, lets face it gardening of any description is cyclic as are articles and features on the subject

Just a thought.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
FredFromOssett
KG Regular

I tend to agree with you Pa Snip. That goes some way to explaining why neither the original post, nor the posters name, rang any bells in this befuddled brain of mine.
peter
KG Regular

Just now this popped up on Facebook

KG forum on FB.jpg
KG forum on FB.jpg (74.25 KiB) Viewed 4433 times
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Be hard pushed to get more topical than that Peter.
The advantage of instant social media

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Monika
KG Regular

Other than the ancient 'From the Forum', I think this recent KG is very interesting again, much, much better than another monthly vegetable growing publication.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Monika wrote:Other than the ancient 'From the Forum', I think this recent KG is very interesting again, much, much better than another monthly vegetable growing publication.

I'm looking for the missing 'like' button for this post

Quite agree

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic