Crazy Critters

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Westi
KG Regular

Now I'm used to the Spring Fever phenomenon, but we seem to have Autumn Antics as well!

The dogs gone mad, emptied the linen cupboard when door left open a bit, and has taken to shredding magazines & newspaper. Cats running around like loons chasing each other round the house & play fighting & making one hell of a racket. Normally they are in just lounging around this time of the year, begging you to put the heating on!

Are they preparing for a cold winter, a mild winter, are they like us, just seasonally challenged? Is this just a Westi issue or are your critters acting strange as well? It is a bit of a southern issue though my friends are reporting similar erratic behaviour.

Westi
Westi
Primrose
KG Regular

Not happening in our house. Quite the opposite in fact. No animals but the raoidly darkening nights are a trigger for my whole body to start winding down and going into hibernation mode. Come the changing of the clocks at the weekend and I could happily disappear inder the duvet and not emerge until the beginning of March!
Diane
KG Regular

I've noticed that my clothes seem to shrink during the winter - the waistbands in particular. It seems to be a seasonal phenomenon. It seems to coincide with both of the cats shedding hair non stop and my hens ceasing to lay. I blame the jet stream.
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
John
KG Regular

My clothes have been slowly shrinking for many years.
I blame DW and her washing machine. DW's reply is unprintable.
John
The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men’s lives, the hours spent fishing Assyrian tablet
What we observe is not nature itself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning Werner Heisenberg
I am a man and the world is my urinal
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic