Good day

Can't identify that mould? Got a great tip for keeping slugs at bay? Suggestions for organic weed control? Post them here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Elaine
KG Regular

It's been a good day today...I squished a Vine Weevil :twisted:
Happy with my lot
razibpaul126
KG Regular

Thank you. :lol:
I always like new recipe.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Yes very good, mowed all lawns,cleaned out the hen hut, cleaned up and done the washing. Funny how some days are really productive and others you can't even get started.

31° here just now. I've come in for an ice cream. The warm weather has brought a few more butterflies out. There have been very few this year. I've seen a Ringlet, Gate keeper and a few Whites today. I saw a freshly hatched Small tortoishell a couple of days ago too.

I ve not seen any vine weevils but have squashed some lily beetles and I noticed the Solomon's seal plants are being attacked badly by moth larvae.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Elaine, i can picture the sheer pleasure on your face.....they do go with a nice crunch, don't they.... :)

I had to abandon my main work today at 2 o,clock, as the heat was making me feel a little woosey. Will go over and do a bit of watering later.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Elaine
KG Regular

Dear OH, indeed they do! :lol: I got a great deal of satisfaction from squishing that beetle!
I'm not surprised you were affected by the heat, it's been exceptionally hot today....it makes me feel iffy when it's so hot. We went to the allotment after 8.30 to water up and there was a pleasant breeze getting up.

I'm not going to complain about the hot weather....it might disappear soon......
Happy with my lot
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic