Now it is Spring Time (Confirmed)

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Ricard with an H
KG Regular

Presumably you turn then round for meat rather than as pets.

A friend a few miles away has a small flock but manages to integrate his with his neighbouring farmers sheep for the difficult/time consuming parts and they share grazing.

I had thought about a couple of goats or sheep so I don't have to have a ride on mower for our paddock area but I have more work than I can cope with already just keeping the place tidy.
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
peter
KG Regular

Richard. I think youve got the wrong end of the stick, to me Alan is talking about photographs, not the owning of sheep.
Ready to be proved wrong. :?
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

peter wrote:Richard. I think youve got the wrong end of the stick, to me Alan is talking

(Smile)

I haven't even re-read the posts Peter, because I'm not surprised when I get the wrong end.
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

My white bits are tingling a little, with this sun.... :D
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

The mind boggles OH with your white bit's out!!! I've got my freckles on my arms activated. Hasn't it been lovely. There have been lots of butterflies, bees and ladybirds, and now the Robins have their fledglings on the loose this afternoon. Poor things will have a shock this weekend if the forecast is right.
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

I always use Factor 50 for the first few weeks and always eye-repair serum plus skin repair with serum.

All at around £140 for the two.

It's not working. (Smile)
Richard.
alan refail
KG Regular

Fear not Plumpudding!

The north wind doth blow,
And we shall have snow,
And what will poor robin do then?
Poor thing.

He'll sit in a barn,
And keep himself warm,
And hide his head under his wing,
Poor thing.
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Primrose
KG Regular

I've just been contemplating how differently seeds from the same packet can turn out.

I have six pointed Italian pepper seedlings in pots. Four are roaring away about 7 inches high with four pairs of leaves. The other two are barely two inches high with only their first pair of leaves. All sown on the same day using the same compost. I'm wondering if they're genuinely retarded in some way or if they will eventually catch up.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Not got a barn, so will have to hope the holly hedge is cosy enough for them all to snuggle up Alan :)

Re the peppers, Primrose, yours all sound to be growing faster than mine they haven't budged since I pricked them out into individual pots I'm hoping this week's sunshine will get them moving. Are yours all in the same size pots, I have read that peppers don't like too much space in the pots. Saying that you still get some seeds that seem to do much better than others.
Primrose
KG Regular

Yes all the peppers are all in three inch pots. I tend to sow them individually like this to save pricking them out, and then transplant them into their final 8" or 10" pots when it's warm enough for them to go outside.

I think the concept of "enough root space" is an interesting one and wonder whether anybody has any theories about whether restricting root space speeds up the growing process. In my view it probably just forces the roots to grow round in spirals nearer the surface of the pot rather than doing what would come naturally, i.e. forcing their roots deeper down into the soil.
Parsons Jack
KG Regular

Much cooler and windy here today.

Doesn't feel very springlike at all :(
Cheers PJ.

I'm just off down the greenhouse. I won't be long...........
robo
KG Regular

Not been a bad day here, pricked out a 100 leeks then had to take the car for a recall, overcast and dull at the moment
Parsons Jack
KG Regular

Bit of a shower overnight, but brightening up now.

The wind has dropped as well :)
Cheers PJ.

I'm just off down the greenhouse. I won't be long...........
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Had a lot of rain here yesterday evening, so to wet to get on the allotments, again....so i'm walking about with my bottom lip sticking out.... :) All joking apart, it is rather frustrating....
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Monika
KG Regular

It's never quite right with rain, is it, OH? You either get too much or too little. We have now not had any rain for about three weeks and everything is really dry. I planted the first broad beans out on the allotment today (they have been outside in roottrainers for the last 10 days or so), and had to fill each planting hole with water first because the soil just 'collapsed' otherwise. Not risking much else outside because the forecast is still for night frosts to come, but will now sow the runner beans, dwarf beans and courgettes in the greenhouse with the thermostat set at 13C.
At least the N/NE/NW wind has dropped but the forecast for tonight is sleet and snow for us!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic