New Website - What do you think?

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Shallot Man
KG Regular

Just clicked on KG index page. Got a kite boat project come up. Ah well back to my KG emails to log on. :? :?
KGAdmin
Site Admin

Shallot Man wrote:Just clicked on KG index page. Got a kite boat project come up. Ah well back to my KG emails to log on. :? :?

Useful links:

Home page: http://kitchengarden.co.uk
Forum: http://forum.kitchengarden.co.uk
Login: https://kitchengarden.zeddit.com/SignIn
Register: http://kitchengarden.co.uk/subclub
Competitions: http://kitchengarden.co.uk/win
Videos: http://kitchengarden.co.uk/?filterTag=Video
Recipes: http://kitchengarden.co.uk/?filterTag=Recipes

We are working to get the URLs a bit cleaner.
KGAdmin
Site Admin

Geoff wrote:Trying to create a login to the site wouldn't work - I already had a login to the old site based on a user name rather than an email address. Tried to use the Zeddit system to create a login (Subscriber number, Surname, Email address, password I think it was) and it just froze. Tried the Facebook option and it said it had worked, confirm by clicking link in email
Capture.JPG

That's all I got - no sign of a link.
Which is the subscriber number on the magazine wrapper - 5 numbers and a letter or 14 characters including a couple of letters in the middle? Can't login to look at my account either.
Not that keen on your new cookery site, don't really like the big blocky layout and some articles just finish in mid sentence (might be related to not being properly logged in I suppose).

Hi Geoff

See links in post above. Your subscriber number is your customer ID, this is usually 6 digits: 123456. If you can't find it, email [email protected] with your email, name and postcode and we'll find it for you :)

The articles that finish mid-sentence are subs club. We'll look at making that clearer - but that will go away when you're logged in.

We know that more than half (and growing) of our users are on phones, so the block layout really helps deliver a nice layout across all devices.
KGAdmin
Site Admin

dan3008 wrote:
KGAdmin wrote:
dan3008 wrote:Personally, I dont like the new site. I preferred the old one. But i'm sure I'll get used to the new one given time

Is there anything in particular that you don't like about it, dan3008?

Doesn't work on my phone, and because I'm autistic I really hate change... Its just me, that's all

What phone have you got dan3008? It's been built from the ground up to work with phones. But not the Nokia 3110!

This is what it should look like:

Shallot Man
KG Regular

KGAdmin. Thank you for the info. Now back to normal. :D :D
Chantal
KG Regular

How in the world do you navigate from the website to the forum? I searched everywhere and then had to revert to the emailed link. Am I missing something obvious here?
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
FredFromOssett
KG Regular

Chantal wrote:How in the world do you navigate from the website to the forum? I searched everywhere and then had to revert to the emailed link. Am I missing something obvious here?

Click on the 'speech bubble' icon at the top right of the web page. If you hover over it, it will say 'join our forum'.
dan3008
KG Regular

Haha, I wish I still had my old 3310... But it doesnt work on the new 3g and 4g networks... :(

No, I've got a Nokia Lumia 435... Since microsoft took over, its become the IE of phone browsers... Again, just my phone
Once the game is over the king and the pawn go back in the same box. Anonymous

Exploring is like walking, where the walking decides where we're going. Bob the dinosaur from dinopaws
Chantal
KG Regular

FredFromOssett wrote:
Chantal wrote:How in the world do you navigate from the website to the forum? I searched everywhere and then had to revert to the emailed link. Am I missing something obvious here?

Click on the 'speech bubble' icon at the top right of the web page. If you hover over it, it will say 'join our forum'.

Well that's suitably esoteric! Thanks :?
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
robo
KG Regular

I think it looks good it's nice and bright I never bothered with the old one but I will give it a go for a few weeks to see how it goes
Diane
KG Regular

I like it. No problems at all. :D
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
lez
KG Regular

Hi Ya, I have had problems trying to access the forum for weeks and have to go a round about way. I can not get a shortcut to my desktop and now you say the web has moved well for us less than confident with the web it is rubbish. The gurus might like it but I can't seem to get where I want to go. I want the shortcut on my desktop not the browser unless I find out where that is. perhaps it's time to stop my subscription and give this website a miss. Good luck to every one else.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

“You can please some of the people all of the time,
you can please all of the people some of the time,
but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”

Sorry to read your post lez. As you have been a member since 2006 with 87 posts it is a shame you have issues.

This may be a good opportunity to look upon things in a more favourable light and explain exactly what it is you cannot seem to achieve.
After all, admin have invited feedback but I doubt they can guess what goes wrong for you.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
KGAdmin
Site Admin

lez wrote:Hi Ya, I have had problems trying to access the forum for weeks and have to go a round about way. I can not get a shortcut to my desktop and now you say the web has moved well for us less than confident with the web it is rubbish. The gurus might like it but I can't seem to get where I want to go. I want the shortcut on my desktop not the browser unless I find out where that is. perhaps it's time to stop my subscription and give this website a miss. Good luck to every one else.

Hi Lez,
Sorry you're having issues. What browser and operating system are you using? I'll get you some help on getting the shortcut on the desktop. And did you mean the forum or the main website?
Thanks
Primrose
KG Regular

I'm pretty sure I've not received any notification of the new Kitchen Garden website. Have looked in my Junk mail folder where some of my emails accidentally seem to end up occasionally, but nothing in there.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic