Otters on the River Stour - in the town!

Love to have animals around? Perhaps you're being plagued by them? All your tips here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Westi
KG Regular

Christchurch, Highcliffe & Southbourne Eye posted on their Facebook site - A family of otters on the moorings of houses right near the middle of Christchurch town. So cute, 2 videos, & one zoomed in for a better view. It is pretty busy there with public land opposite with loads of dog walkers, and a lot of traffic heading over the bridge right next to these properties. The river is very clean, but carries a lot of boat traffic especially in the summer. It is also full of fish thanks to the Environment Agency.

I tried to cut & paste the video link but didn't work, so if you are on Facebook have a look on their page.

Westi
Westi
Diane
KG Regular

Thank you Westi - I'm in Wimborne so know the area well. I must see if I can catch sight of them.
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
alan refail
KG Regular

Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
alan refail
KG Regular

Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Thanks for posting that Alan, especially finding the youtube one.

Having done a online search myself this morning it appears that over recent years there has been evidence of quite a few Otters up and down the Stour

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Westi
KG Regular

Thanks Alan for finding the link!

I walk along the opposite side of this bank quite regularly - won't be admiring the boats in the future, but will be on the look out for these guys! Might find myself frequenting the tea house here a bit more or finding myself at the pub on the other side of the bridge also. If anyone drives over the bridge & sees a sad lady sitting outside the pub getting drenched - it'll be me as it is right opposite what I would consider a great otter place. (As if I'd know, but it a little reed bed & muddy small island)!

Another reason why I love my town - anyone undecided on this year's holiday I can highly recommend Christchurch, Mudeford & surrounds! Beach, Rivers & Forest at our doorstep - & OTTERS!

Westi
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic