Any bramblings about?

Love to have animals around? Perhaps you're being plagued by them? All your tips here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Monika
KG Regular

Has anybody seen bramblings this winter? We usually get at least twenty, some years up to 40 bramblings, but this year we have not seen one single one - the first time since we moved here more than 30 years ago.
There are plenty of other birds on the bird feeders, including about a dozen siskins, redpolls, bullfinches, lots of goldfinches, chaffinches, the occasional greenfinch, nuthatch, great spotted woodpecker and goldcrest, all the local tit families, house sparrows, starlings and treecreeper (for which I scrape bits of fat ball on the tree trunk). But, alas, no bramblings this year.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

We've had a pair of brambling visiting a few times a week but no starlings at all this winter. We've all the other finches, tits, siskin, red poll and tree creeper. We even have a willow tit occasionally. There are good numbers of most species at the moment with the cold weather.
Geoff
KG Regular

Never had Brambling in numbers, only odd ones mixed in with Chaffinches. This year less Chaffinches and no Brambling. Lots of Tree Sparrows, I've built them a five room hotel but haven't spotted them inspecting it yet.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

We only ever get one or two bramblings visit at a time. So far this winter Mrs S informs me she hasn't seen any, nor have I.

One Redpoll spotted, once.

Goldies are around in force again

DSC_3209-web.jpg
DSC_3209-web.jpg (160.32 KiB) Viewed 3383 times

you can't see the number waiting in the birch tree the feeders are on

DSC_3220-web.jpg
DSC_3220-web.jpg (160.91 KiB) Viewed 3383 times

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Cider Boys
KG Regular

Great Pictures.

Barney
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic