My news about carrots.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Pawty
KG Regular

Roasted in honey - wins every time! Keep the skins on.

Still picking yellow carrots from the allotment (those in the raised bed appear to have survived unscathed!)
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

I pulled my last carrots up last week, I didn't know it was good to leave them in the ground. Just a few slugette holes but zero carrot fly grubs. Halleluegia Enviromesh.
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
richard p
KG Regular

came in tonight and chucked 3 whole carrots in with the boiled spuds , by the time the spuds were done the carrots were aswel, i guess they tasted better aswel.
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

Thank you Richard, I'm vindicated.

Just to be clear, I had so much help, encouragement and in an odd way also companionship that I find it gratifying when I can help back. Sort of like,.....breathing out after inhaling for ages.

Did you peel the carrots ? That was to be my next change in cooking habits. A carrot grown with herbicide or pesticide could just be scrubbed. In the past I've had some lovely looking store-bought carrots that tasted like paraffin so I peeled them heavily. What a waste.

On Saturday morning I go to our farmers market for eggs and whatever vegetables I don't have, he, like us, grows organically as is possible but the spoilsport admits to using herbicide on and around his carrots. What a shame. I bought carrots from him yesterday, they were full of carrot fly grub attacks because he doesn't use enviromesh effectively.

You have to seal all around to keep the fly from shimmying under.
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic