strange white flies

Can't identify that mould? Got a great tip for keeping slugs at bay? Suggestions for organic weed control? Post them here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

seedling
KG Regular

Can anyone help me? I`ve got these strange white flies in my garden. they dont look like "whitefly" and are slightly fluffy. They dont seem to settle on the veg or flowers but there are loads of them and they are really annoying :x . Went out this moring to get plants out and there were none around (7.45 am)but by about 10am they are out in force. I have seen some in the road but not in the numbers I have in my garden
Thanks seedling
Compo
KG Regular

Not sure what they are called but if it is the same as the ones I see they usually lurk around areas where there is waste, rotting cabbage leaves, manure or compost etc, not sure what they are but we see em a lot, fairly certain that they are not harmful to plants either, if it is the same as what I have they have the same habits as mosquitos but are a lot smaller

Compo
If I am not on the plot, I am not happy.........
seedling
KG Regular

Thanks compo. I guess I`ll just have to put up with them.Wish I could get rid of them though cos sitting outside isnt nice when they are all over the place.Seedling
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic