New year Bits and Bobs - 2016.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Peter, may i just pass comment on how well written your reply was.... :D

I don't think our forum is really busy enough to generate enough to write about but, wouldn't it be nice if we could have a little column about what has been going on, on the forum, regarding it's members.....i know, who would write it, would the KG team agree to it and as i said i don't think there would be enough to write about........but nobody can take my dreams away from me..... :D
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Westi
KG Regular

I'm sure OH you can be really imaginative & don't forget the old disclaimer along the lines of - 'this is entirely fiction, any resemblance to anyone actually on the forum is unintentional'! :) If you make the font size on this bit really tiny you could become the new growing guru of KG! :lol:

Westi
Westi
Pa Snip
KG Regular

I'm sure certain members will be pleased (I think) to hear that my Feb issues copy arrived today.
:D :D

No invitation to Arkwright Hall Victorian Kitchen Garden though. Quelle Surprise :lol:

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I am indeed pleased Pa Snip.... :D

Pa Snip
KG Regular

Having received Feb issue of KG yesterday I have only had time for a quick browse so far.

Looks like it is going to be a very interesting read, although in our case we will skip quickly past the chilli pages.

For some reason I am looking forward to reading this issue even more than usual

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
alan refail
KG Regular

Just a reminder that from today onwards it gets lighter a little earlier in the morning. Only about 30 seconds a day to start with, but it all builds up. It's already noticeably a bit lighter even on dull afternoons :)
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Geoff
KG Regular

Been on housekeeping duties today. Cleaned out all the nest boxes and replaced the fronts on some where the holes had got a bit big. Some lovely nests though all a bit wet, one lot must have been picking lumps out of a piece of red carpet I use as a compost lid. Then made some extras. I think I've now got 18 singles, a four and a five. I've had Tree Sparrows in a box for the last two years so I've put the five nearby to see if I can get a community.
It was good to get outside for a change but still incredibly soggy to think about doing anything else.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

On about it being soggy, it doesn't seem that many years ago that this country was going to have to build more water reservoirs and pipe water from one part of the country to the other, just to keep us going with essential water.....now look at it. :D

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I really don't know where this year is going to.... :D

Pa Snip
KG Regular

oldherbaceous wrote:I really don't know where this year is going to.... :D

Its going to 2017, which will no doubt seem to arrive in record time because every one will be confused by the mixed up seasons

PS edit Morning OH

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

The eight weeks of snow that i'm predicting for late January, might make it seem a little more seasonal.... :twisted: :D

Afternoon Pa Snip.

robo
KG Regular

Went down to the plot this morning I blackmailed my grandson into coming to do a bit, one of the jobs was to empty 2 x35 gallon drums that I fill with the droppings from my chickens mixed with timber shavings, to be honest I've no sense of smell but I know from passed experiences when I've emptied them and seen the faces on people near bye that there is a strong odour (that's an understatement) to see a seventeen year old bent double wrenching after the first fork full was amusing but I do have that type of humour
We are having sunshine it must be near 10 deg. I can't believe it after all the rain
Shallot Man
KG Regular

robo. That's the way to break the youngsters in. :wink:
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Last October my 3 year old grandson got well stuck in of his own accord digging into what he called "phew stinky 'nure"

A definite minor miner.

DSC_186705.jpg
DSC_186705.jpg (102.62 KiB) Viewed 2790 times

Motherwoman
KG Regular

That's the way to build up the anti-bodies!

Mine were always wearing some sort of mucky stuff :lol: :lol:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic