Every Days a holiday

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Pa Snip
KG Regular

What a load of BO LOCKS !!

InternationalMensDay: Nov. 19 Marks Holiday Celebrating Men and Boys
( holiday where I ask ? )

The holiday was created in 1992 by professor Thomas Oaster of the University of Missouri, Kansas City. Some of the holiday's objectives include focusing on men and boys' health and gender equality.

I've just decided April 13th is now declared as a holiday known as Allotment International Day, otherwise known as AID to help you remember my birthday in future years

oh and as a side issue, to promote the benefits of working small plots of land for own grown vegetables world wide :)

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
alan refail
KG Regular

And as for tomorrow!

National Sovereignty Day (Argentina)
Revolution Day (Mexico)
Teachers' Day or Ngày nhà giáo Việt Nam (Vietnam)
Transgender Day of Remembrance (LGBT community)
Universal Children's Day (International)
Wedding day of Elizabeth II (United Kingdom)
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

It must be, Milton Bryan feasting day, as everywhere i have gone today, i have been offered cake..... :D
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
retropants
KG Regular

mmmmmm.....cake.....:)
Pa Snip
KG Regular

alan refail wrote:And as for tomorrow!

National Sovereignty Day (Argentina)
Revolution Day (Mexico)
Teachers' Day or Ngày nhà giáo Việt Nam (Vietnam)
Transgender Day of Remembrance (LGBT community)
Universal Children's Day (International)
Wedding day of Elizabeth II (United Kingdom)

Flaming heck, decisions decisions, which one to celebrate>
no doubt our choice will be assisted by certain posts tomorrow

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Pa Snip
KG Regular

oldherbaceous wrote:It must be, Milton Bryan feasting day, as everywhere i have gone today, i have been offered cake..... :D

Cake is Off !! It has been replaced by spam for now. Just don't fritter the days away

Stephen
KG Regular

Fritter day?
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Perhaps there should be a day we devote to all getting together, preferably around mid-day to allow travel time

We could have a luncheon meet.

:)

Stephen
KG Regular

Fritter day?
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
peter
KG Regular

Funnily enough I was sent this yesterday on Facebook.
FB_IMG_1448033150853.jpg
FB_IMG_1448033150853.jpg (45.88 KiB) Viewed 3788 times
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Primrose
KG Regular

Every day is indeed a holiday. I wake up and find I am still here !!

Can I declare tomorrow National Hangover Day? Went out with a group of chums to celebrate two of their birthdays and the restaurant got over enthusiastic about pouring free limincellos to accompany the free birthday cake. I'll be going back there tomorrow when I've decided whose birthday I'm going to be celebrating :lol:
alan refail
KG Regular

In that case, Primrose, you must put your faith in Saint Bibiana, who is the patron saint of people with hangovers!

Then there's Saint Fiacre who's the patron saint of gardeners. He's also the patron saint of taxi drivers and sufferers from sexually transmitted diseases. Make of that what you will :shock:
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Catherine
KG Regular

Today for me and my OH is a holiday because my dad died today in 1991. I don't usually comment on this kind of thing but this afternoon I sat and thought about him alot, I do think about him all the time but today was different. I wasn't with him when he died as the hospital sent us all home and when we received the news to get there I couldn't get there quickly enough I lived too far away.

Today as a special thing my OH and went to Rohan in Long Preston and bought each other a jacket for Christmas, to lunch in our favourite place then went shopping at Melt in Twitter Lane, Backridge, Waddington, Clitheroe. The place is amazing, the candles are second to none. We bought Aubergine and cream and came home and made a lovely evening meal all in his memory :)
Primrose
KG Regular

Catherine. That was a nice thing to do. The people we have lost continue to live on in our thoughts.
Catherine
KG Regular

Thanks Primrose difficult day but almost got through it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic