Unimpressed (sorry to be negative)

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Pa Snip
KG Regular

Unimpressed about what,

Well whilst others on the forum are debating the relative merits (or otherwise) of the freebie seed packets on the cover and the seeming lack thereof for subscribers compared to copies purchased from retail outlets I am not so concerned about the lack of free seeds as the lack of magazine full stop.

Subscribe they said, and get your copy ahead of its shop release. It is now the 14th of November and I have yet to see any sign of the December issue !!. If it gets much later the cover month will actually relate to the month we are in.

I like KG, I dropped its main competitor in favour of KG, but the current frequent late arrivals make me wonder just what is going on within the organisation.

Sorry to say this KG, my subscription is due up for renewal soon but are we wise to invest up front at the moment for up to 2 years subscription when things appear so unreliable.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Pawty
KG Regular

Hi, I went for two months with no magazine this year (July and August). I sent them an email and to be fair they sent me the 'shop' copies ..... Although the confirmation email was lacking an apology .....

Hope yours arrives soon.

Paula
Diane
KG Regular

Oh - I received mine a couple of days ago. Never had a late delivery yet.
Last edited by Diane on Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
dan3008
KG Regular

I'd just been considering asking my wife for a subscription for Christmas... Might hang fire a bit and see. I only buy the mag when it's on offer anyway (or like this month, I wanted the seeds)
Once the game is over the king and the pawn go back in the same box. Anonymous

Exploring is like walking, where the walking decides where we're going. Bob the dinosaur from dinopaws
Pa Snip
KG Regular

even my local little newsagent has it on sale !!! that's just adding insult to injury.

No second thoughts, the insult to injury is having mentioned on another thread that the giant Onion seeds I had ordered are not going to be available, the cover gift on the mag in store was ..........

Bedfordshire Champion Onion

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Pawty
KG Regular

Dan - wait until after Christmas. You'll find offers such as 3 months for £3 and you still get the new subscriber free seeds and free gift (but remember to cancel the direct debit after the first month) , or 20 packs of seeds when you subscribe. They generally don't give these offers just before Christmas. I think (well you could last year)also use tesco club points for a year subscription and will only cost you £14 in club card vouchers.

Paula
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

I like it coming later so that I can read it a couple of weeks before the time that the magazine relates to. Before when it came up to two months before the things they were talking about I got fed up with checking what month they were referring to.

So long as it arrives in the month prior to the articles it is fine by me and I like the free seeds, so long as they don't keep sending the same ones. I seem to have rather a lot of basil seeds at the moment :)
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

Mo buys my copies on her way home because I don't "Get out enough". She picks them up at garage paper stalls on her way west along the M4 then along the remaining roads when the M4 ends.

Like the tourists Kitchen Garden magazine gets thin after the M4 though of course I can order it.

I find the magazine, and of-course you-lot to be very helpful through my apprentice years. The magazine encourages me, if I need it you lot are big on encouraging about gardening but I need more help with curries, bread, soup, cleaning my windows, (it's salt) and other stuff and whilst I regularly transgress the boundaries of acceptable digression and often find a happy partner-in-crime it's not helping my needs.

Maybe a social worker ?
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

16th of the month, postman has been and still no copy of the December magazine

Time to pick up the phone.

Pa Snip
KG Regular

Rang KG customer services on Monday 16th about my lack of December issue. was told it was posted out on 6th,
apology given for my not getting it ( not the young ladies personal fault) she promised to arrange another copy to be sent out.

A 'plain brown paper envelope' arrived today !!hooray at last, thanks to whoever the young lady was in customer services.

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Let's hope it's the right type of magazine when you open it.....a brown, discreet envelope you say.... :wink: :D
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

lol OH

What might you be suggesting, :lol:
I wondered why the postman winked. Do you think he might be putting 2 and 2 together about the happy cheerful posts on here

Catherine
KG Regular

Well I am glad it eventually arrived. I tried to buy a copy of "I forget which month" back in September and my local newsagent promised to order me a copy from the supplier and it is now the middle of November and it still hasn't arrived. I think I might give up now as I can't remember what it was I wanted to look at. :) :(
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic