This is what I picked today

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Catherine
KG Regular

picked veggies.jpg
picked veggies.jpg (107.9 KiB) Viewed 2687 times
Today I went up to our allotment and picked a little bit of everything. We still have quite alot to pick yet. The caulis and broccoli are late sowings and next year (if possible) I will do the same. This year it has worked for us. We still have half a dozen broccoli heads to pick, lots of kale, cavolo nero and ruby chard to pick.
Catherine
KG Regular

My goodness I posted a photo there is no stopping me now :D :D :D :D
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Catherine
Congrats on two counts. Nice days harvest and a picture as well
look forward to more now.

wooooo oooo :lol:

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Catherine
KG Regular

Thank you Pa Snip I have taken all evening to work it out :oops: from printed off instructions from Alan's information. Thank you Alan. Now I want to put some pictures of our allotment on here. :D
Westi
KG Regular

Very impressive Catherine!

Loads of produce there & in particular you have some nice looking cauliflowers! Cauliflower Soup??

Westi
Westi
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Catherine, a lovely picture of some well grown veg and at the end of October too...
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Monika
KG Regular

Looks great, Catherine! Now that's what allotments and vegetable gardens are about - fresh and seasonal veggies. I bet you enjoyed cooking it all!
Catherine
KG Regular

Thank you for the lovely comments. :D Today I made a veggie bake with some of the caulis, broccoli, carrots, onions, courgettes (very last of) , leeks and a cheesy sauce with added dijon mustard, low fat cheese, herbs. I will top it with breadcrumbs and a bit of Parmesan cheese when we eat it. Made eight portions. I also made a lentil and bean bake with extra veggies. (which made eight portions) Our freezers are seriously stuffed.

This is the first year I have had success with second sowings and we were very pleased with the end result. Next year we will do it again and will sow more cauliflowers, broccoli and courgettes and less cabbages!! Sorry I am rambling again. :oops:
Catherine
KG Regular

Thank you Monika yes I agree it is what allotments are about and even after fifteen years I still get a thrill from picking veggies and bringing it home and cooking. I love sowing seeds and transplanting them, my other half gets the joy !!! of planting out into the ground (something I dont really like to do)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic